Treasures in 2nd hand bookstores!

PDA

twoblink
July 19, 2003, 12:37 PM
So swimming through 2nd hand bookstores; and I come to an unmarked big book.

"Jane's Infantry Weapons; 1980-81"

:D

Detailed description of all the arms used by all the infantry of every modern country in 1980-1981.

It gives details about the history of every gun, the goods, the bads, the advantages etc..

Now I'm 1 step closer to being Tamara... only 999 steps left...

If you enjoyed reading about "Treasures in 2nd hand bookstores!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chris Rhines
July 19, 2003, 12:39 PM
I make a point of snapping up Jane's references, if I can find them cheap. www.scholarsbookshelf.com sometimes has them.

At one of my old summer jobs, there was a library. That library had just about every Jane's guide published, all up to date. Heaven!

- Chris

4v50 Gary
July 19, 2003, 01:08 PM
I try not to pass up second hand bookstores. I found a nice copy of W.H.B. Smith's Small Arms of the World for $10 and sent it to one of our staffers here. It's more affordable and sometimes you find out of print books at very reasonable prices. If you're near a Powell's New or Used, check it out. I went to the one in Portland, Oregon this year and bought an armful of books.

twoblink
July 19, 2003, 01:19 PM
Don't get me started with Powells in Oregon! I went there about 3 years ago; it can make you broker than broke! I spent like 6 hours in there..

The fact that I bought this Jane's for $6....:cool: :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Treasures in 2nd hand bookstores!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!