One thing after another

PDA

Just Jim
November 23, 2007, 06:51 PM
:banghead::banghead: Well I bought a Springfield Armoury Micro 45 from a friend. He told me it wasn't feeding hydrashocks so he wouldn't have it as his ccw gun. Well I gave him some cash and another gun and it went all down hill from there.

He bought the gun new and I don't believe it has ever run right. First time out it jammed so I changed ammo and it jammed less. Second time out I took out 230 win ball and the gun wouldn't eject a case and left it jammed on top of the loaded mag. Took it in and had the extractor changed as the extractor was missing the rim of the case.

3rd time out the gun would fire then extract but the next round would push up the slide stop. Switched mags from the Springfield to a Meggar and the gun run but wouldn't stay open on the last round:cuss::cuss:
Geez this is getting old.

Any ideas??

jim

If you enjoyed reading about "One thing after another" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AK103K
November 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
Yup, get rid of it. You'll be happier in the end.

The last five Springfields I bought, all new guns, required work, and not all of them ever did.

XavierBreath
November 23, 2007, 08:34 PM
Springfield has a lifetime warranty. Call them.

S&Wfan
November 23, 2007, 09:06 PM
That gun ain't right.

There's an old saying, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight." It could say, "Don't bring a POS jam-a-matic to a gun fight."

That gun is likely to get you killed if you ever need it to defend your life.

That one sounds like it is FUBAR. Dump it and get something that does what it is supposed to do . . . every single time.

T.

Walkalong
November 23, 2007, 09:08 PM
Send it to Springfield. They will make it right.

Hokkmike
November 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
I agree with the others. Get professional help. Do not try to fix it at home.

MachIVshooter
November 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yup, get rid of it. You'll be happier in the end.

Sound advice. Even if you get it to run right, you'll never trust it.

A few hiccups with a new gun is one thing; My Witness Compact 10mm had some issues with my handloads when it was new and before a fluff'n'buff. I got it to run and after about 400 rounds trouble free, I trusted it enough to be my CCW (it now logs the highest MRBS of all my 10mm's with all ammo) . but you've tried this thing with different ammo, new parts, aftermarket magazines and it still won't run. It's tainted.

The Lone Haranguer
November 23, 2007, 10:41 PM
Modern interpretations of the 1911 are fussy enough without adding a radical change from the original design into the mix.

If you enjoyed reading about "One thing after another" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!