Info needed High Standard Supermatic S101

PDA

Bill B.
November 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have recently purchased a High Standard Supermatic S101 22LR target pistol and am wanting to replace the grips that came on this pistol. What I am needing to know is was the cutout's and the grips the same on all the slant grip High Standards till they came out with the "Military Grip" that the later High Standards came with. I am not including the Duramatic as I know this is a different grip. Grips that came on my pistol was plastic. Did any of the S101's come with wood? If any of the later slant grip HS's came with wood will they work on my 101? Any information will be appreciated as will any links about aftermarket wood grips that might be available for this model.

If you enjoyed reading about "Info needed High Standard Supermatic S101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
November 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
Your model 101 has the grip screw that goes all the way through to the other side.
Models 102-104 (slant frame also) grips have a screw for each grip and I don't think they'll fit anyway.
Military gripped guns (1911 style frame) started manufacture with the 106 series.

www.histandard.info

Congrats on your new aquisition........pics are in order!:)

Bill B.
November 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for that link! You are correct that my grip screw goes all the way to the other side. I got a pretty nice HS 101 but the grips need replaced before it goes public with pictures.

bluetopper
November 24, 2007, 12:44 PM
Try ebay and gunboards.com for some new grips.

There is a good High Standard forum on www.rimfirecentral.com

cdrt
November 24, 2007, 12:57 PM
You can also check www.highstandard.com and see what they have in stock. I know they use to sell grips, but I haven't checked their website lately.

Bill B.
November 26, 2007, 07:50 AM
I found needed replacement grips at Gungrip.com. Anyone needing out of production grips may wish to try there for the hard to find items. Thanks for the replies and info provided!

If you enjoyed reading about "Info needed High Standard Supermatic S101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!