Barrel swap on Mossberg Maverick

PDA

TexKettering
November 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
Can you swap out the barrel on the Maverick with a standard Mossberg barrel?

My brothers and I are thinking of buying the Maverick for my sister and I'm curious if you can switch it out with a longer (26", 28") barrel for trap/skeet.

Shotgun in question:
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/shotguns&start=10&selectedSKU=0350-01883-0231

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrel swap on Mossberg Maverick" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexKettering
November 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry, just found on the Maverick website that you can swap out barrels.

Exmasonite
November 25, 2007, 02:01 AM
just make sure they have the same capacity. i have an 8 shot mossy 500 and they apparently only make certain mav barrels w/ 7+1 compatability.

foghornl
November 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
Absolutely, with only one caveat...

Must be the same guage and magazine capacity....8 shot barrels don't fit 6-shot guns, and vice-versa.

My Maverick 88 has a Mossberg-branded 18-1/2" barrel, while my Mossberg 500 has my original Maverick 88 'field-n-woods' barrel

If you enjoyed reading about "Barrel swap on Mossberg Maverick" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!