Anyone had this problem with a mossberg 500?

PDA

fordfan485
November 24, 2007, 05:03 PM
Had my Mossberg 500 12ga for about a year and half but shot it for only the 2nd time today. Whats happening in recoil is it feels like the trigger is biting the bottom of my trigger finger. I have a nice size blister now. I'm wonder if maybe its improper technique by me or if its the shotgun. I started feeling if after about 5 shots or so ended up putting about 120 thru it today shooting at clays(which im really terrible at btw).

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone had this problem with a mossberg 500?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oldnamvet
November 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
Sounds like you may be pushing on the tip of the trigger rather than the center. If you don't have any rough spots to irritate your finger, you may have to wear a shooting glove until you sort out what you are doing to cause that problem. Don't think it is the gun.

Pete409
November 24, 2007, 06:39 PM
Oldnamvet is probably correct, but it wouldn't hurt to take a close look at the bottom leading edge of the trigger. If it is sharp or rough, a little work with a file would help considerably.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone had this problem with a mossberg 500?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!