Oleg, logo page?

PDA

Moparmike
July 19, 2003, 06:09 PM
Could we have a logo page made? One that has buttons, banners, etc for extolling the virtues of THR on a personal or organizational site (like ARPA)?

Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "Oleg, logo page?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
July 20, 2003, 01:56 PM
In the works...and has been that way for a while. I need a day of spare time AND some motivation to get that done...and a complete graphical make-over of THR. Soonest I can get it done...

Moparmike
July 20, 2003, 02:08 PM
Cool. Now for the stumper. Any idea what happened last night (the THR outage)?

tyme
July 21, 2003, 12:32 AM
Well for some reason apache didn't restart properly after log rotation last night. And I took the opportunity to install 1.3.28, forgetting to up the max process limit, which may (or may not) have been the cause of the slowness this afternoon/evening. The process limit has been fixed, and I tweaked the min/max spare processes in the hopes of keeping it from bouncing between them (if that's what it was doing), but it still doesn't appear to be quite as speedy as before.

I think it's some combination of smp+php+phpa that makes apache croak sometimes when restarting. One of the processes hangs and thus the new process can't bind to port 80, leaving it in limbo where you can connect (the old process hasn't died) but can't get any pages (since the old thread has hung).

Moparmike
July 21, 2003, 03:55 PM
I am a computer geek, but I only got about half of what you said. I dont speak server-ese:) .

If you enjoyed reading about "Oleg, logo page?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!