Ft. Worth gunshows

PDA

greybeast
July 19, 2003, 05:12 PM
I just got back from the gunshow at the Will Rogers coliseum in Ft. Worth.
I must say I have never been more dissappointed. :cuss: I couldn't believe how many guns that were scratched, dinged, dirty-lookin and the sellers wanted $635 dollars for them. (It was a glock).I just cant believe how many sellers think that the crap they have on display are worth those rediculous prices :fire: Jennings and Highpoint guns for $219:eek: It is easier to order from the manufacturer and get a better price. I believe in paying for what you want, but these gun shows are starting to get out of hand. I think I will start making my purchases of the internet. Rant Over.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ft. Worth gunshows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aircarver
July 19, 2003, 08:19 PM
I was at the last one at Will Rodgers... same thing exactly ! (So skipped this one...) One merchant was griping to another in my earshot... called it Ft. Worthless.... no sales... I pointed out thet "Hyeah.... we got all the guns we NEED.... you gotta SHOW us somepin' if'n you want US to buy..... podner"....

Guess he came back this time anyway..... :D

M2 Carbine
July 20, 2003, 12:10 AM
I noticed the price on a lot of stuff was high today.
The Gun Shows are really sad compared to what they used to be.:(

WilderBill
July 20, 2003, 09:59 AM
It almost seems like after the city council failed to ban the shows, they decided to just price themselves out of business. :(
I have seen some great deals there in the past, so I know it can be done.
Of course, if you are just looking instead of buying, then the prices won't matter to you.
The trouble with that is that if you aren't buying, there isn't much point in the dealers setting up there in the first place.

Matt G
July 20, 2003, 11:58 AM
I've been to the Ft Worth gunshow at Will Rogers Collesium many times, and enjoyed it. I guess we find what we need.

Got an old Whippet shotgun that needs a new foreend? carry it around the gun show-- you'll likely find one.

Looking for a discontinued Star P.D. to replace your current LW carry .45? carry it around the gunshow on your belt, and watch; you'll get offers, and can likely trade.

I bought my current duty pistol at a gun show for $150 under current retail.

I shot a match the other day with cartridges loaded with bullets from a gun show, with primers picked up at a gun show, for cheaper than retail.

Tell me: did either of y'all make a counter offer? That price often comes down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ft. Worth gunshows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!