JC Higgins Model 20 12ga. serial no. location?

PDA

woad_yurt
November 25, 2007, 06:26 PM
Does anyone here know where it is? I can't find one.

If you enjoyed reading about "JC Higgins Model 20 12ga. serial no. location?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Starter52
November 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
It is very possible that your gun does not have a serial number.

Guns made before Dec. 1968 were not required to have serial numbers, and many lower-cost long guns did not come with a serial number.

I have two shotguns and a .22 rifle w/o serial numbers. Perfectly legal.

woad_yurt
November 25, 2007, 06:47 PM
Oh, thanks. This one is definitely from before 1968. It cost me only $100 and it's a great gun.

Jeff F
November 25, 2007, 08:26 PM
I had a JC Higgins 12 Gauge pump the model I don't remember that I lent to a cousin. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time in Salinas and ended up getting arrested and charged with possession of a firearm with a removed serial number. Dumb a&& DA. I had to go up there and talk to him three times and then go to court and tell the judge that I had talked to the DA three times and told him that the shotgun in question was made before serial numbers were required and it never had a serial number much less had one removed. The judge did some research came back and dropped the charge and dismissed the case, made an order to release the weapon and told the DA he wanted to see him in chambers.

If you enjoyed reading about "JC Higgins Model 20 12ga. serial no. location?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!