Any lefties own/shoot Makarovs?

PDA

RM
November 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
I would like to buy a Makarov, but there doesn't appear any way a leftie can operate the manual safety with his left hand. Any lefties out there that have shot Makarovs, how do you operate the safety? Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any lefties own/shoot Makarovs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
November 26, 2007, 07:19 AM
Yes, love and carry my East German.
Safety...what safety?
That's how I deal with it, it's a non-issue.

jwxspoon
November 26, 2007, 07:46 AM
I don't use the safety, my Maks have such a heavy DA pull I don't need one.

jw

Texastbird
November 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
I decided to go with a CZ82, it has ambi controls. But yeah, I don't use the safety much on my Mak. I work it with the right hand while holding it in my left. Both are great pistols.

RM
November 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Gentlemen, for your replies. I was wondering if I could use a Mak for idpa bug gun matches. I don't think that will be possible, since the safety needs to be used.

biggiesmalls
November 27, 2007, 12:58 AM
shooting left handed, would you be using your right hand to extract the mag from the bottom then? it seems to me you could just use the same right hand to switch the safety by reaching your fingers over the slide and using your middle finger to push down on the safety. would that be okay for idpa?

RM
November 27, 2007, 07:28 AM
Yes, that might work. Thank you.

Mak Maven
November 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
I have an EG Mak and CZ82 also a lefty.
Never used safety.
Round in chamber, hammer down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any lefties own/shoot Makarovs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!