lightweight semi 20

PDA

waterhouse
November 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
Friend is looking for a lightweight semi 20 ga.

I've always recommended one of the older 1100 Lt-20s, but I realized I don't really know what other competitors are out there in the lightweight semi market. I want her to have some options to try out, so please list any others that you would recommend.

ETA: Please post your opinion of felt recoil on the guns you have used.

If you enjoyed reading about "lightweight semi 20" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kansas Bound
November 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
Rumor has it that benelli is coming out with a ultralight 20 guage. Currently they are producing a ultralight 12 that weighs 6 lbs.

evbutler462
November 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
I love my Franchi 48 20 gauge. Light, easy to handle, simple to operate, tote it all day without getting tired. Ultra reliable. Never a hiccup in around 50 years. East to find, reasonable to buy.

JNewell
November 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
+1 on the post above. I believe they're still making them in 20g but discontinued the 12g. Mine runs like a top and carries like a feather.

45crittergitter
December 2, 2007, 07:04 PM
Benelli Montefeltro and M2 are ~5.5#. Beretta 391 about the same. Franchi also.

glockster157
December 2, 2007, 08:31 PM
I have a Franchi 620 VS, it is most definitely light, will shoot light or heavy loads thanks to the reversible piston, looks good and feeds reliably. I may have to part with mine because it is a youth model and the LOP is short even with a slip on butt pad but is a lot of fun to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "lightweight semi 20" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!