Virginia1774.org Amicus Brief

PDA

Well Regulated
November 26, 2007, 11:41 AM
So this doesn't get buried in the other post, here is another worthwhile Amicus Brief that is looking for donations:

http://www.virginia1774.org/LegalNews.html

Virginia1774.org is the leading authority on the legal history of the RKBA in Virginia.

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia1774.org Amicus Brief" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smurfslayer
November 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
Bump...

Megistopoda
December 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
I haven't heard of Virginia 1774. Have they been around long? Are they able to produce scholarly work towards a brief, that provides a unique and important view or angle?

I ask this not to criticize, but because I know that there will be briefs flying from everywhere, including those out of left field. I strongly advise Virginia 1774 to contact Alan Gura and Robert Levy to enquire about their thinking and requests for cert. Of course, the court will be able to consider only a limited number of them.

Its my understanding that the briefs they'll want will need to be authoritative and high-powered, and that they briefs will each offer an important perspective that doesn't overlap too closely with the other briefs.

Best regards...

Well Regulated
December 3, 2007, 05:19 PM
I ask this not to criticize, but because I know that there will be briefs flying from everywhere, including those out of left field. I strongly advise Virginia 1774 to contact Alan Gura and Robert Levy to enquire about their thinking and requests for cert. Of course, the court will be able to consider only a limited number of them.

Virginia1774.org has already been granted permission from both sides to file the brief.

Well Regulated
December 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
Tis the season...

to Give the gift that will keep on giving .

http://www.virginia1774.org/LegalNews.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Virginia1774.org Amicus Brief" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!