Sig P220 vs Robar Glock 30 (also G22 vs G23)

PDA

1KPerDay
November 26, 2007, 01:50 PM
I recently posted a quick writeup about the G30, G27, G23, and G22... I like the G23/27/30 a lot.

Over the weekend I went shooting again with my brother and he brought his Sig P220. We were plinking at about 30-40 paces at cans and plastic bottles and stuff. I handed my brother the G22 and he emptied the mag, then I handed him the 23 and he did the same. Then I asked him which he liked better and he said the 23. He couldn't really specify why, other than it just felt 'right' to him. I told him I felt the same.

I tried out his P220 again and the first can I settled my sights on jumped 15 feet in the air. And the second... and the 4th, 5th, 6th... I can't believe how easily I was hitting with it. Reminded me of my P226.

I remember the last time I shot his 220 I was comparing it back to back with my combat commander and Para-ord P14-45, and I remembered thinking that the P220 kicked a lot harder. But comparing it back to back with the G30 the recoil seemed similar, but the glock felt kind of clunky. I could feel the magazine moving around against the base of my hand and it seemed I could feel that big heavy slide chunking around. I didn't hit any cans with it, either. I realize that is not a fair test of accuracy, and I really liked the G30 when I shot it a couple of weeks ago. I still like it... but now I'm thinking of trading it for a P220.:D I just wish Sig could find a way to fit 10 or 12 rounds into that grip frame.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P220 vs Robar Glock 30 (also G22 vs G23)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SwampWolf
November 27, 2007, 04:44 PM
One of the best things about a 220 is the feel of the single-stack grip. Seven or eight rounds of .45 ACP should be plenty for most self-defense situations (but I'd be the first to concede that no one has ever complained about having too many bullets in a gunfight!)

Autolycus
November 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
You should try a P228.

1KPerDay
November 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
One of the best things about a 220 is the feel of the single-stack grip.
I agree... it feels great. However, I don't think it's much narrower than my P226, if at all. I don't have the specs in front of me. Seems they should be able to fit at least 10 45s in there if they can fit 13-15 .40s depending on the magazine... But maybe the grip frame walls have to be thicker or something. I sure like it in any case.:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P220 vs Robar Glock 30 (also G22 vs G23)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!