How do you take your 2nd shot from your autoloader?

PDA

Soybomb
November 26, 2007, 08:46 PM
Inspired by another post, I thought this might be interesting. After your first shot do you let the trigger go all the way forward, or do you release the trigger to the reset point?

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you take your 2nd shot from your autoloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
November 26, 2007, 09:07 PM
I don't really think about it, I do leave my finger on the trigger until I stop shooting. I'd have said I released the trigger all the way, but I sometimes "double clutch" on guns with a long reset like my Sigma or XD. OTOH I've not run into the weak strike from a not fully reset trigger pull on the Kel-Tec P3AT or PF-9 -- probably because the recoil is so stout my finger is pulled fully away from the trigger :)

--wally.

ADKWOODSMAN
November 26, 2007, 09:12 PM
Only shoot 1911's, S&W 41 22 auto and colt woodsman .22 auto and Colt 1911 .38 super no reset felt, so the finger stays on the trigger and it is pulled again.

10-Ring
November 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
I pull the trigger until slide lock -- it took a while, but I just release to reset, pull the trigger, repeat.

Devonai
November 26, 2007, 11:10 PM
I couldn't vote because I honestly don't know! I never paid attention before, and I'd be afraid that if I did I'd psych myself out and mess up.

Edit: Okay, after thinking about it for a couple of minutes, I realized that I let the trigger push my finger out of the way when it resets, leaving my slack digit resting on the trigger. If I'm not going to immediately fire again, my finger goes to the frame.

Black Majik
November 26, 2007, 11:11 PM
Only to the reset point, then press again until it goes boom again. It's very useful to learn the reset point on each gun.

Snarlingiron
November 27, 2007, 12:08 AM
acquire target, press trigger, acquire target, release to reset, press trigger, acquire target, repeat as necessary.

possum
November 27, 2007, 03:18 AM
I pull the trigger until slide lock -- it took a while, but I just release to reset, pull the trigger, repeat.
as do i

Sgt.Dusk
November 27, 2007, 06:35 AM
With my own guns I know just how much movement my finger needs
to fire a second round. But if I shoot with my friends guns that is just
triggering with a full pull.

76shuvlinoff
November 27, 2007, 08:27 AM
Depends whether or not I get one or several out for practice. I can lean on the XD or the old Walther but going heavy on my Kimber can result in ...ahem.. way too quick of a follow up shot aka ND. :( if I jump back and forth between my XD and my Kimber I really have to be aware of what I'm handling .... and that's a good idea anyhow isn't it? Different strokes.

jaydubya
November 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
I voted for the middle choice: release the trigger all the way and keep my finger on it. If I am in a self-defense situation, I will have no idea where the reset point on my weapon is. I just want the trigger to be ready to work when I pull it again. I don't think a refined finger enters into the self defense equation. I read somewhere that police officers miss their target with eighty percent of the rounds fired.
Cordially, Jack

jlpskydive
November 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
I can hear/feal the trigger reset on just about every semi that I own or have shot. During a real world situation???? Hopefully (as I have and continue to train for) the first shot will count and make the difference.......

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you take your 2nd shot from your autoloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!