CZ kadet?

PDA

redneck
November 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
Anyone know if you buy a Kadet, if it can later be converted to 9mm? I know thats backwards to how most folks go about things, but I can't afford a 75 + conversion kit right now.
I'm interested in getting a .22, to save some money on ammo and get more practice in. I have a pt92 that i've been putting about 100 rounds a week through and for that money I could shoot 500 rounds of .22lr :evil: I thought about the conversion kit for my 92, but for the money I think I'd rather get another gun.

Also, are mags readily available for the kadet? And are they expensive?

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ kadet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deer Hunter
November 27, 2007, 12:03 AM
The kadet conversion kit is a slide, barrel, springs, etc (upper, if you will) and magazine for a CZ75 pistol. It is not a complete pistol.

tsidorus
November 27, 2007, 12:26 AM
The Kadet is available as a stand alone gun or a conversion kit... I remember seeing this question on another board. The consensus was yes it could most likely be done but no-one knew of a source for a 9mm upper. My concern with the idea would be warranty support by CZ. They may not use the same grade steel, keep the same tolerances, or whatever in the frame for a Kadet as with the 75. But Ive been wrong before, why dont you just call CZ and ask.

-Tsi

Deer Hunter
November 27, 2007, 12:43 AM
They make it as a stand-alone too? That's interesting. I've never seen one of those before.

CZF
November 27, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yes, a Kadet Pistol based on the 75B frame.

http://www.cz-usa.com/data/productimg/main034.png
http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=34

As for the 9mm conversion.
CZ is one company that doesn't offer separate slides.

More Kadet info:
http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/hakan/kadet.html

DWARREN123
November 27, 2007, 01:38 AM
The Kadet pistol is a 75 frame with factory fitted 22lr slide/barrel. It is the same frame as the 75(B).

nonquixote
November 27, 2007, 02:48 PM
The Kadet would probably be convertible to 9mm if you could get a 9mm 75 slide and barrel assembly. CZ does not sell them seperately, so your best bet to have an all in one gun is to buy the 9mm as a complete gun and add the Kadet conversion kit later, not the other way around.

redneck
November 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys
I figured that was the case, but thought it was worth looking into. I'll probably end up with a buckmark. I already have a service size pistol anyhow, so if I get another centerfire it will probably be more of a carry peice, or maybe a 1911.

briang2ad
November 27, 2007, 09:26 PM
If you get a CZ PCR or COmpact, you can get the Kadet kit later and practice with it!

DMK
November 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
I'll probably end up with a buckmark.Why? You can't convert a Buckmark to 9mm either.

I'd much rather have a CZ Kadet than a Buckmark. Mine shoots just as good as my friend's Buckmark, is much better made and way easier to field strip and clean. The CZ Kadet has a fixed barrel, great sights. It's a quality gun.

Now a Ruger MkII, that would be just cool. Like a baby Luger.

viking499
November 27, 2007, 09:37 PM
Asked same question to CZ rep a few years ago. Was told that you can not convert a 22 to a 9 or 40. But you can convert the other way by adding the cz kit to the 9 or 40. Said something about part of the frame on the kadet actually being a little bit different than the 75 frames.

Walt Sherrill
November 27, 2007, 10:52 PM
Said something about part of the frame on the kadet actually being a little bit different than the 75 frames.

Folks I've talked with who had both say the 9mm frame and the Kadet Frame are identical.

But... as has already been noted, CZ won't sell you a 9mm slide for a Kadet frame, so there's no upconversion available if you start with the Kadet rather than the Kadet Kit.

viking499
November 28, 2007, 11:46 AM
Whether true or not I do not know. But he said that you could go down to a 22 but could not go from a 22 frame up. There was some difference, but I don't remember what part of it he said it was. Maybe he knew what he was talking about, maybe not.......

atblis
November 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
I have a Kadet pistol. Yes, it came as a pistol, not just the kit.

The top end off my SP01 fit and functioned on it as did the topend off of my 75B. CZ-USA does not sell slides and barrels seperate from pistols.

If you can find a 9x19 topend off of a 75B, than yes it will work. You'll have to remove the firing pin safety, but that's easy to do.

Walt Sherrill
November 28, 2007, 06:59 PM
Viking499:

I think the CZ rep was telling you the practical reality -- since CZ won't sell a 9mm or .40 top end by itself, and minor mods are required. A Kadet isn't a starter kit.

But most people who have them don't seem to mind.

As noted, however, other top-ends will work on the Kadet frame.

redneck
November 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
DMK
Mostly because the buckmark is $200 cheaper...which equals roughly 7000 rounds of .22lr :neener:
I like the kadet, but my main goal right now is practice on a budget. There are alot of nice dedicated rimfires for alot less money. Maybe not as cool, but still good guns.

I'll probably rent some .22's if the range has any before buying, but from what I've shot so far I like the buckmark best. The ruger mkII is close behind it, but I don't like the MKIII that much at all.

jlbraun
November 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think that Kadet frames are SAO and have nicer triggers than the DA/SA ones.

hksw
November 29, 2007, 02:27 PM
I think that Kadet frames are SAO and have nicer triggers than the DA/SA ones.

No, they are not.

DMK
November 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
Mostly because the buckmark is $200 cheaper...which equals roughly 7000 rounds of .22lr Good point. I wasn't even considering cost.

Another nice 22LR is the Ruger 22/45. A freind on mine has one of those and it's built like a tank. Very nice shooter too.

redneck
November 29, 2007, 08:23 PM
Thats one I haven't tried yet. Definitely worth a look.

briang2ad
November 29, 2007, 09:11 PM
If Walt Sherrill says something about CZs, you might as well write it in stone. Listen.

(OK - he can make a mistake - but its RARE).

atblis
November 29, 2007, 10:14 PM
The Kadets don't have a firing pin safety so that might account for the slightly better trigger.

ROCK6
November 29, 2007, 11:19 PM
I like the kadet, but my main goal right now is practice on a budget. There are alot of nice dedicated rimfires for alot less money. Maybe not as cool, but still good guns.

I recently picked up the Kadet upper for my CZ-85 along with a Kimber .22 conversion upper as well for my TLE. A dedicated rimfire is going to be better than a conversion if you want an accurate plinking or hunting pistol. However, if you want practice from a tactical/practical perspective, the rimfire conversions are excellent. You don't have to buy a different holster; all the controls are the same (although Ruger's 22/45 mimics a 1911) as well as most of your standard drills. Cost-wise, you'll come out about even for extra magazines and most the .22 conversions (Adv. Arms, Ciener, CZ Kadet, Kimber) typcially run $250-300.

I just think that if you run a pistol where a .22 conversion is offered, it's a no-brainer for inexpensive training and takes out the excuse of not having money to hit the range.

ROCK6

frenchbushmaster
December 1, 2007, 04:19 AM
I have a KADET and a 75 COMBAT II.
I will check a detail.
But I feel the hammer is not the same on these two handgun.

See you later.:)

Pilot
December 1, 2007, 10:53 AM
I use my Kadet Kit on both my 75B and 75D PCR. I really would save your money and get either one of these plus the Kadet Kit. It gives you two guns for the cost of 1 1/2. My Kadet Kit is one of the most accurate .22 platforms and I have accurized Rugers that I compete with and the Kadet is close. Only my Benelli MP95e is noticeably superior in accuracy.

frenchbushmaster
December 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
I confirm.

Hammer size is different on the CZ KADET.
It's a smaller hammer.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/frenchbushmaster/hammersizeCZ.jpg

:)

hksw
December 1, 2007, 06:51 PM
The narrower hammers have been applied across the CZ75 line, if I am not mistaken. My standard 75B bought some time in the late '90s or early '00s has the wider hammer as pictured above but my SP-01 (as well as my Kadet as above) has the narrow hammer also. (Kadet bought in '05, SP-01 bought earlier this year.)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/villan535/CZ75Hammers.jpg

atblis
December 1, 2007, 07:17 PM
It's not that the Kadet has a different hammer, it's more so that your 75 Combat II has a different hammer. What country are you in again? What exactly is a 75 Combat II?

It looks like a 75B sans firing pin safety with the Novak style sights. I wish they offered that here (USA).

frenchbushmaster
December 2, 2007, 12:43 PM
O.K. !! ;)

I'm in France. It's not a serie for us, clearly.
I only see 2 model like this one in a Paris Gunsmisth (error of delivery from CZ declare the importer). I deciide immediatly to buy one.
I never saw it before and I never see anyone with the same here in France.

The CZ 75 COMBAT II is a serie produced for competition before the SHADOW.
It a pre-series before the SHADOW was produced.

When I recherche data about this model I received this answer of a shooter on AR15.com :
"Very nice. The Combat II is an incredibly rare bird - and was used by the reigning World Pistol Shooting Champion! (Adam Tyc)."

Se you, Mick.

david_the_greek
December 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
I enjoy my kadet conversion kit but maybe someone here knows a solution for my problem. My only ( :( ) cz pistol is a pcr which I love very dearly but the magazine for the kadet is meant for a full sized frame. I find it uncomfortable and annoying to have to shoot with the full length magazines. Especially a problem for those that I am taking out to the range that are early in their shooting career, then seem to be turned off by it. I can deal with it but would prefer a fix, anyone do a mod in the past? Available base plates?

atblis
December 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
If your Kadet mags are like mine, you'll notice that the mag body is short and the base plate is extended. You could cut a section out of the baseplate and glue it back together. There's enough extra material in it for you to do that. Use an appropriate adhesive, it should be plenty strong.

Canuc Shooter
December 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
Just got a good used (almost new) CZ75B (40 S&W) and CZ Kadet conversion, everything works and functions great, except the Kadet slide doesn't lock back when the magazine is empty . It seemed to work a week ago, but doesn't want to co-operate now. I am looking for some help to get it functioning properly. Thanks in Advance.

atblis
December 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
If I remember correctly you need a slide stop from a 9mm. The 40S&W slidestop does that with the kadet. If you call up CZ-USA and tell them, they'll send you one.

Canuc Shooter
December 13, 2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the info, I was concerned that it was a problem that I'd have to live with. Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks again.

Canuc Shooter
December 13, 2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info, I was concerned that it was a problem that I'd have to live with. Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks again.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ kadet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!