CCW in Colorado

PDA

Loaded
July 19, 2003, 11:57 PM
Just wanted to let those of you who have applied for your CHP in Colorado to take heart. I applied for mine on May 19th, and received my permit nine days ago. What a great feeling. Legal and lawful to carry a handgun concealed. I don't feel like a superhero or anyhting like that. I just feel a lot more secure when I go out now. I feel like the playing field is now level, where as before the bad guys seemed to have the upper hand. Not anymore. Thank you Colorado elected officials for getting this RIGHT to carry passed.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW in Colorado" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
July 20, 2003, 12:12 AM
Congratulations!

The vast majority of Colorado sheriffs have made concealed hand gun permits reasonably easily accessible for a long time. Now law enforcement officials in the entire state are required by law to live up to uniform standards. Naturally, the city of Denver is taking the matter to court—at tax payers' expense—but the odds are good its law suit will be found wanting in substance. Denver's leftist extremists have done a certain amount of loud snivelling and whining, especially in the Denver so-called "newspapers," but they can't hold a candle to Minnesota's leftist extremists.

Personally, I never leave home without packing iron. Thousands of other law-abiding armed American citizens and I are significant parts of the reason Colorado enjoys lower violent crime rates than the rest of the nation—Denver excepted, of course. I'm glad there's one more of us.

GSB
July 21, 2003, 12:18 PM
Does Colorado have any reciprocity?

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW in Colorado" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!