Finally got that CZ-52

PDA

Funderb
November 28, 2007, 11:40 PM
And I checked it out, shot it and had loads of fun with
the 50 round box I had.
Now to buy more ammo!
But really, I took it to about 30 yards, and shot eight rounds, and
hit the slimfast can on a string for my target about three times.
Good for me, because I'm not used to shooting pistols, but I'm getting better. And the decocker works, without accidental impact, though I'll never trust it.
The recoil was manageable, I love how easy it is to take apart,
and it's just neat looking. (blueish finish, not parkerized)
But I need to know the deal with the semicorrosive surplus ammo.
What's up?
Is it too bad and will immediately start to decompose the pistol?
(extremely hypothetical)
or do I just have to treat it the same as the way I treat my mosins,
[clean with water, soap, scrub down, douse metal parts in boiling water
to make sure there is no water stagnating on the metal, wipe with oil, bedtime story... etc]
I don't mind going the extra mile with cleaning, I do anyway,
but is there something I don't know?
The guy I talked to made it seem that way.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally got that CZ-52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nwilliams
November 29, 2007, 12:43 AM
Congrats on the new gun! You should post a pic and show it off!

I myself am thinking of picking one of those up soon, its a very neat pistol.

The easiest way to prevent corrosion damage after shooting corrosive ammo is to use windex. To answer your question I don't think corrosive ammo is going to start eating away your bore like acid, but I wouldn't let it go too long without cleaning. Still if you know you're not going to get around to cleaning it right away then like I said just spray it down with windex and then clean it when you get the chance. I'm sure someone knows what kind of time frame not exceed when dealing with corrosive ammo, I've heard many different theories about it over the years myself not sure what to believe anymore.

BReilley
November 30, 2007, 01:38 AM
Most of what I've read on the interweb suggests that a good cleaning after each shooting session is the best way to keep your -52 in good shape. Seems like not too much to ask :)

AtticusThraxx
November 30, 2007, 03:05 PM
Congrats! Mine is fun to shoot. You should carefully do some redneck ballistic testing with it, see wht you can penetrate.Mine shreds railroad ties and cinder blocks. I got a few boxes of Norinco ammo left I'm saving for for those flying monkies I keep hearing about.
Yeah ya gotta keep em clean and it don't hurt to have some spare parts especially springs.

CZ 42
November 30, 2007, 08:58 PM
I've got a 52 and it is a lot of fun to tinker with. There are a few things you should do, like removing the lanyard loop, getting nice grips, make a slide release, paint the sights, etc. It is so much fun to shoot. High powered ammo at .22lr prices.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally got that CZ-52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!