CD hi power short range report

PDA

gunhappy
November 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
well... I took the Daly to my fave out of the way spot to practice-continue to break her in a little more...Boy do I like this gun! At 10 yards (I tol ya it was a SHORT range report) I was chewing the center out of a (8 1/2x11)B27 target silhouette. Also wreacked havoc on the miscellaneous evil Pepsi bottles. I have no pics, I'm sorry to say.
Pros: accurate
ergonomic as all get out
natural pointer
heavy enough to feel like a real gun in the hand

Cons: hammer bite:cuss:
those XS sights still take some adjusting to

Also I want to give a big thumbs up to the Rem bulk pack 115 standard vel JHP. every thing I read shows impressive performance and the results from todays outing show good accuracy. all in all, I am VERY PLEASED with the Daly. I cannot gripe the price (379.93 after tax) that I paid. I will eventually remove the mag disconnect, but I am not too mechanically inclined, and have no gunsmithing tools to speak of yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "CD hi power short range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kentucky_smith
November 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
All you need to remove the mag safety is a small finishing nail or if you want to get fancy, a nice small punch.

My favorite handgun, even over my 1911s and West German 220 and 228 Sigs.

10X
November 29, 2007, 03:39 PM
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=133740

The above link give some very good instructions about removing the mag disconnect.

Sometimes a nail works, other times a small punch and when the going gets tough, a hard nail set and when really tough, a press to remove the pin.

Anyway, very gald that you like the CD Hi Power.

If you enjoyed reading about "CD hi power short range report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!