Marlin 1895GS Trigger issue

PDA

fm161
November 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
Bought a new Marlin 1895GS and the trigger flops forward(loose). Nice crisp release when you pull on it, but it is loose in the other direction. What can I do to adjust this? Thought I would ask before I jump into it and screw something up.

RJ

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1895GS Trigger issue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ninja45
November 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
Nothing wrong with your rifle. They are designed like that. As long as it does its purpose, i.e trip the hammer...don't mess with it.

Ninja45

Roccobro
November 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
That is "normal" for Marlin lever guns.

You can put one of those excellent Wild West Happy Triggers in it and be even more happy with the gun! :D No flop and a crisper and lighter trigger pull.

Justin

fm161
November 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
Appreciate the responses and I will not mess with the factory trigger. Is it a big deal or any special tools required to install WW Happy Trigger?

Roccobro
November 30, 2007, 03:52 PM
Nope- flathead to get to the trigger parts. It is a drop in unit. I bought two on sale a few years ago. One for me, and one for my brother. :) Marlinowners.com has a bunch of resources for the great Marlin levers.

Justin

EDIT: Found your how-to thread there.
http://marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21932

fm161
November 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
Justin,
Thanks for the info and the link! I beleive that I am going to order up a Happy Trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1895GS Trigger issue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!