shotgun bead sight fell out

PDA

41magsnub
November 30, 2007, 09:51 PM
I just put away my Winchester Model 120 20 gauge and noticed the bead is gone. It didn't break off (I think), it seems to have just fallen out.

What do I need to replace it? Is it something I can do with common tools or am I in gunsmith territory now? I don't want to replace it with anything fancy, just another bead.

Oh, it is a ribbed barrel.

Thanks for any input!

Edit: upon further research the center of the rib is very thin and as best I can tell the hole is not threaded. I'm not entirely sure how the bead was on there before.

If you enjoyed reading about "shotgun bead sight fell out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chawbaccer
December 1, 2007, 10:57 AM
Check Brownell's for a new bead, I think the 120 is a press fit. You can add a drop of lock-tite for a more secure fit.

Jim K
December 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
Yes, it is just pressed in, not screwed. If you buy the original type, you just tap it in, but I suggest you tap the hole and put in a threaded type if you can find one you like. In a case like this, a trip to the gunsmith would be a good idea, as most smiths have a selection of beads and you can pick the one you want. Installation either way is minimal cost.

Jim

41magsnub
December 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "shotgun bead sight fell out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!