G23 problems?

PDA

Case82
November 30, 2007, 10:26 PM
Has anyone else heard of problems with the slide rails on a G23 when using the lighter (<160gr.), faster .40 ammo?

I own one and use 155gr. ammo. The recoil is noticeably more than when using 180gr. & I read an article about the additional recoil causing the polymer frame to flex and the slide rails coming out of allignment.

The reason I ask is that I prefer the lighter ammo because I feel that's where the advantage of the .40 over the 9mm lies.

If you enjoyed reading about "G23 problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Haycreek
November 30, 2007, 10:38 PM
Lighter bullets are not a problem with a G 23. You are not likely to wear the pistol out.

Case82
December 1, 2007, 01:56 AM
....I have a lot of free time these days, and I find myself researching obscure topics relating to the firearms which I own.

Again, I apologize for my recent posts, the majority of which are magnificently irrelevant.

Case82
December 1, 2007, 01:57 AM
....'ignoramus'....you see what I mean.

JDGray
December 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
You said anis:D

If you enjoyed reading about "G23 problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!