Colt .22 Ace magazine

PDA

Bill B.
December 1, 2007, 08:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if a Colt .22 Ace magazine will function in either a Kimber 1911 .22 conversion or a Ciner 1911 .22 conversion? I don't have either at the time and have a chance to pick up a all steel Ace mag. at a good price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt .22 Ace magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bigkahunasix
December 2, 2007, 02:01 AM
They work in mine just fine.

BK6

shooter1
December 2, 2007, 08:38 AM
Bigkahunasix,
Does the Ace mag lock back the slide on the last shot on your Ceiner?
str1

Bigkahunasix
December 3, 2007, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately only when it is in the mood to.:o

shooter1
December 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
Beats the Ceiner mags. They are never in the mood to hold open the slide!! I have five of the mags that I use when shooting the conversion in the Steel Challenge. Wish they did lock back the slide!!
str1

jmorris
December 4, 2007, 09:53 AM
The only difference in the two is the follower is modified to not lock the slide back on the kimber/ceiners, to avoid damage to the aluminum slide. The original Colt ace’s were steel.

shooter1
December 4, 2007, 09:55 AM
jmorris,
Thanks for the info. Good reason for me not to use Ace mags! Forgot about the steel slides of the Ace.
str1

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt .22 Ace magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!