38 Super Loads

PDA

brokencowboy
December 2, 2007, 05:21 PM
I have a question about loading 38 Super. I have been looking for a JHP bullet head to load, but all I can find are either RN or FP. Can a 9mm bullet (.355) be used in a 38 Super round (.356)? I like the Rem. Gold Sabers & the Win. Silver Tips for concealed carry.

If anyone has any advice/experience in this situation, I would greatly appreciate your comments.

If you enjoyed reading about "38 Super Loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eric F
December 2, 2007, 05:36 PM
In short Yes but to be safe slug your barrel to see what it really is. I have seen 38 super barrles range from .355 to .357 depending on manufacture and quality. there is some info on this at m1911.org.

ReloaderFred
December 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
I regularly shoot 9mm bullets in .38 Super, with "super" accuracy. I like the 124/125 grain bullet range best for this caliber.

Hope this helps.

Fred

spencerhut
December 2, 2007, 10:38 PM
One this I would add is if you are going to push your rounds really fast is to use bullets designed for the .357 Sig. They are built a little tougher and are also the same .355 dia as the 9mm and .38 Super specific bullets. Speer makes some great JHP, Gold Dots. Good stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "38 Super Loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!