Break Free Powder Blast

PDA

jmcrawf1
December 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
This stuff works better than any other aerosol solvent i've used. My concern is that it says it's not synthetic safe. Has anybody used it on guns with synthetic parts? My Rem. 1187 is synthetic stock w/ mossy oak camo pattern.

If you enjoyed reading about "Break Free Powder Blast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lesjones
December 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
Not sure about the 1187 specifically, but the label warns that it may melt plastic parts or some wood finishes.

Powder Blast is a very effective cleaner and solvent. It pulls black gunk out of barrels that I thought were already pretty clean. It seems to be related to chlorinated brake cleaner. I only use it outside because of the very strong odor.

mrmeval
December 6, 2007, 04:22 AM
Break Free stripped all the MSDS sheets from their website.

Before they did that it was looked at by someone on THR and had Methylene Chloride in it but another person said the formula had been changed to an orange oil one and may be less caustic.

I'd remove the stock and clean away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Break Free Powder Blast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!