Range Report: American Western Arms Longhorn

PDA

axeman_g
July 21, 2003, 09:50 AM
Ok, took this little beauty to the range on Sat.

Darnit !!!

I started with .38s, and it shoot everything 4 inches right of POA. I am allowing for vertical differences right now till I get used to the sights, but 4 inches right is way wrong in my opinion. Same with .357 loads.

I had two others shoot the gun with instructions to center the sights on target. They were also 4 inches right.

Any ideas??

The trigger is so nice, and it is such a nice looking gun. I dont want to dump it for a GP100, but I think I might have to.

Axe

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report: American Western Arms Longhorn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mossyrock
July 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
The simple fix is slightly turning the barrel in the frame (a smidge to the right, in this case). This NOT uncommon for single action army or other fixed-sight revolvers. This is NOT a reason to ditch a gun you like!!!! Take it to a gunsmith who is familiar with the design and it can be corrected in about five minutes.

axeman_g
July 22, 2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the advice ...

I spoke to a nice young woman at AWA and she said I can ship it back to them and have them adjust for windage by turning the barrel or have a gunsmith do it.

I will save some money and ship it to them as it has a lifetime warranty.

I am going to keep it ... I can always find a GP100.

I will give you all any updates on AWA service as thy come.

Axe

If you enjoyed reading about "Range Report: American Western Arms Longhorn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!