Where can I get cheep Ammo for my 9mm????

PDA

Nightwing
December 3, 2007, 09:21 PM
Ok. Saw a deal at Dicks Sporting goods this weekend. Basically it was 500 rounds for 70 bucks. Not too bad. 115grain full metal jacket target stuff. So.... was hoping to find a better deal at the gun show this weekend. Nobody had a better deal! 1000 rounds for $135 - $175. But somehow at a gun show a month ago my buddy got $1000 rounds for his .40 cal for like $80 bucks!

So where are the good deals? Are there any bulk dealers I can get in contact with, or anyone you guys buy from online, or are any of you ammunition dealers?
I'm just looking for the best deal I can get! I'd also like a good price on bulk hollow points, while I'm asking!

Come on people.... help me out! =)

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get cheep Ammo for my 9mm????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
December 3, 2007, 09:55 PM
Don't know what part of the country you are in, your profile does not say, but if you have an Academy Sports store around that is where I would go look first if you don't reload.

dasmi
December 3, 2007, 10:00 PM
www.ammoman.com

Ringer
December 3, 2007, 10:06 PM
I really don't think you are going to find a better deal than $70 per 500 anymore. Unless you are OK with Wolf, but not sure you can even get that for much less. Maybe someone else will come along with better news.

Nightwing
December 3, 2007, 10:07 PM
I live in Colorado

Nightwing
December 3, 2007, 10:14 PM
www.ammoman.com is a good site but not the best price I've found. anyone know better?

steelyblue
December 3, 2007, 10:16 PM
For ammo Walmart beats Academy here!

Nightwing
December 3, 2007, 10:19 PM
Well. I also can get a 10% discount on ammo at walmart through a relative, but it's still not an AWESOME deal. Ever since Walmart stopped selling guns (way to go liberals) they don't offer many ammunition sales

Also.... I hate supporting Walmart, but...I am a self employed contractor battling the illegal workforce from the south, so I am forced to shop there.
I have a small bait and ammo store 2 locks from my house but his prices are a little high! BUT.... I do want to support his little business. One of the only small gun shops left practically in colorado!

steelyblue
December 3, 2007, 10:26 PM
Ha Ha, your welcome to come hunt in my backyard(I live on the border). You can't spit on the sidewalk but they get away with murder!!!

strat81
December 3, 2007, 10:43 PM
Walmart.

Or, go to the mom & pop store near your house and ask the owner what kind of deal he can cut you if you purchase 1000 or 2000 rounds. Pay cash, if possible. He might offer you a good deal.

tnieto2004
December 3, 2007, 11:25 PM
9mm I ONLY buy at Academy .. I can't find better than 50rounds/$5.86 .. Thats what it is around here

Autolycus
December 3, 2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nightwing: Well. I also can get a 10% discount on ammo at walmart through a relative, but it's still not an AWESOME deal. Ever since Walmart stopped selling guns (way to go liberals) they don't offer many ammunition sales

Also.... I hate supporting Walmart, but...I am a self employed contractor battling the illegal workforce from the south, so I am forced to shop there.
I have a small bait and ammo store 2 locks from my house but his prices are a little high! BUT.... I do want to support his little business. One of the only small gun shops left practically in colorado! Your not forced to shop there. Its your choice. Just have to raise prices and adjust your business practices accordingly.

I am confused as to why you blame liberals for Walmart not selling ammo? Its their business. If the law was changed, well move to a state where Walmart can sell ammo. And if not, take the time to write Walmart and tell them you will not shop there as they do not sell ammo. If enough people do they will stop.

Don't take the low road approach and blame liberals and everyone else for your unwillingness to change the culture. The liberals are working hard to change the culture for better or worse. And if you dont believe in it, get up off of the couch and do something. If you are great, but you are going to have to do more then.

stevereno1
December 3, 2007, 11:39 PM
Wal Mart or gunbroker.com

stevereno1
December 3, 2007, 11:42 PM
Why does everyone on the net hate wal mart? they employ 1.2 million Americans! including Me! It ain't no picnic trying to help 7,500 customers a day either. Anyways, Name a discount store other than WalMart, where you can buy a Shotgun, Ammo, a TV, A grill, charcoal, and a steak at the same time? It's a magical, American Icon! Pays me decent too!

skinewmexico
December 3, 2007, 11:47 PM
I don't buy gun show ammo, unless it's new. Gun show reloads are a bad thing.

R&J
December 4, 2007, 03:20 AM
"Don't take the low road approach and blame liberals and everyone else for your unwillingness to change the culture. The liberals are working hard to change the culture for better or worse."

Mostly worse.

Forgive me but this is quintessential Liberal rhetoric! And very presumptuous of you! :mad:

Nightwing's comment is based on common wisdom. You can bet the farm that a Conservative group had nothing to do with removing firearms from Wal-Mart! This isn't rocket surgery! :rolleyes:

Liberals are notoriously anti-gun, and constantly seeking to subvert the Second Amendment in one way or another. I live in Liberal Wiskonsin, and this is a common theme here. :scrutiny:

Conversely, Conservatives support the Second Amendment, and are generally too busy working conventional jobs, to change laws, that if properly applied, would continue to serve us just fine! :banghead:

Every reinvention of the wheel is not progress. :(

--Ray

Nightwing
December 4, 2007, 01:30 PM
^ LOL! Rocket Surgery

I have family that work for Wal Mart! They like their jobs but are over extended, becasue walmart won't hire enough employees to properly staff a store. It's cheaper to have too few and give them overtime, than to properly staff.

Watch this video, and you'll understand a little more about the WalMart way. I have seen it't effect in my small town. Tons of business have gone under, and our old town is like a ghost town now! Lotta bankruptcy and foreclosures.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925&q=wal+mart+duration%3Along&total=120&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

wisocki
December 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
gunbroker. I got 1440 rounds to my door for $190.

steelyblue
December 4, 2007, 05:26 PM
I love Walmart, but there are several shops in their parking lot that are doing very well indeed. I even use the bank at Walmart. I buy Bazer brass 45 ammo there and it is cheaper than I have found anywhere else, including the gun show reloads.

possum
December 4, 2007, 05:53 PM
typically buy most of my ammo at wal-mart they have some deals, and every once in a while i use my moms 10% discount card and that saves even more, dicks sometimes with the military discount, or sportsmansguide when i have a coupon.

quickcanary
December 4, 2007, 08:18 PM
Why does everyone on the net hate wal mart? they employ 1.2 million Americans! including Me! It ain't no picnic trying to help 7,500 customers a day either. Anyways, Name a discount store other than WalMart, where you can buy a Shotgun, Ammo, a TV, A grill, charcoal, and a steak at the same time? It's a magical, American Icon! Pays me decent too!

Sure, they provide a lot of jobs. Sure, they are one of the few places where you can go at 3 a.m. and buy a coffee pot or a package of Q-Tips. But the goodness of Wal-Mart died with Sam Walton IMO...haven't you heard/read about their business practices? They are all about the bottom dollar, and not in a good way. They also don't pay that well and don't offer much advancement unless you're in management (speaking as a former employee). Thankfully I've moved on to a much better paying job. Maybe my store/district/region was different than yours.

thekunk47
December 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
Try D&G Reloading
www.qualityammo.com

RichardB
December 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
Probably the reason many Walmart's do not sell guns is because it was not profitable enough. Their alleged liberal bias does not prohibit the sale of ammunition in my town.

marty1
December 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
Walmart here sells winchester 9mm 115 gr.fmj pack of 100 for $15 and change. If, you cruise the internet you can find sales.

Constantine-p89
December 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
Wallyworld.

dtown240
December 7, 2007, 03:28 AM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9mm%20%20(9x19)
Try here

hawkeye1
December 7, 2007, 09:41 AM
Ever give reloading a thought? Once you get set up, the cost just can't be beat. I shoot home cast bullets from wheel weights that are free from the local tire shop. Reuse the brass. The only main cost is the primer and a little powder. Just a thought. A little set up cost and lots of savings.

Nightwing
December 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
Ok. So I have found interesting info at walmart.
Walmart orders very limited supply of anything that ISN'T shotgun ammo or 22 ammo. Talked with 2 guys at the ammo desk at different stores.
BUT... I did find out if I want a bulk I jsut have to drive from store to store.
Forexample.... Purchased 2 boxes of "100 rounds. 115grain. Winchester Hollow Points" for 20 bucks. That's a great price! 20 cents a round for hollow points?
I found the exact same ammo next door at a gander mountain store. the same 100 round box was 46 bucks!!!! But they did have plenty. No better price for bulk though.
SO I go back to walmart and get 2 100 round boxes, go to another walmart and they onl had 1. I buy it. then another walmart has 4 boxes! So I buy 2.

Now I know you're saying "for target shooting, why buy hollow points? Save some money!!!" Well... I have a few hundred rounds of target ammo for the 9mm BUT it's still 16 bucks for 100 rounds! So... for 4 more bucks... I'll get the hollow points! Could be much more valuable down the road than target ammo!

Also, I can get a 10% family discount if I ever get a hold of the damn discount card. haha But still... great price
And of course I always have a magazine standing by with some nice expensive $1.25 a round Federal Hollow Points. Not chancing my family's safety to bulk walmart ammo.

Liko81
December 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
9mm I ONLY buy at Academy .. I can't find better than 50rounds/$5.86 .. Thats what it is around here

Me too. Blazer is about $6/50, WWB is about $8/50, Remington UMC (my normal load; cleaner than the first two) is about $7.50/50 but you have to buy the 250-pack ($38). I don't buy anything cheaper like Wolf or Monarch even though my P95 would probably eat em up no problem.

You have to remember that in general 9mm ammo costs about 70% what everything else does to begin with. Those Remington UMCs go for closer to $60 when you're buying .45ACP or .40S&W.

Dustinthewind
December 7, 2007, 07:46 PM
Cheep Ammo is for the birds.:neener:

zeke707
December 8, 2007, 01:45 PM
Just a point on one of the videos showing a hardware store in Ohio going under because of Wal*Mart moving in town.

Walk in any Wal*Mart store and look through their hardware dept. Then walk into any "local" hardware store and look around. If you can tell me WM shuts down a hardware store, well I can't believe it. WM compared to *any* hardware store has very few items, i.e., limited selection on what they have on their shelves. This video turns into another bash WM store. *but* I don't support what WM does to some small towns. As I type, I hear the video talk about hidden cameras. Yes guessed it, I work for WM part time. Oh, back to the cameras. You should see all the empty packages in the rear of the store that used to hold product that was *stolen* by "shoppers". Cameras are needed to catch the worthless crooks. Usually at least in our area, they let them go! As you listen to the ex-employees whine, consider where you work. How many people there whine about things at your place of employment. Probably about the same percent. Yup, there's many things wrong/negative about WM, no doubt. Work off the clock? *not* where we work. If you don't like to work at WM, quit. If you whine about WM, geez, *do not* shop there. Back the ammo, yes some prices are good.........Thanks for shopping at Wal*Mart

Nightwing
December 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
^ you're right! Walmart doesn't kill hardware stores. But it screws them
Walmart carries a lot of building materials now. And a lot of tools.
Then Home Depot moves in to town. Say BYE BYE little hardware store.
Moved into a small town and watched Walmart and Home depot DESTROY our old town shopping district. A hardware store that's been here for 80 years.... gone out of business.
Yippie.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get cheep Ammo for my 9mm????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!