The .380 Glocks

PDA

Prince Yamato
December 5, 2007, 04:53 AM
Ok, just curious, who actually owns or has shot one of these? I know they're verboten unless you get one from a FTF transfer form an LEO or used in a gunshop. That would be rare though, as I'm guessing most LEOs in the US would use a 9mm for a backup. So, in short, who can brag about having shot a Glock 25 or 28?

If you enjoyed reading about "The .380 Glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
December 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
I know a couple of people who post here from outside the US that own them!!

There can't be more than a handfull here!!

Why would police departments order and issue, or individual LEOs even want, a 9mm kurz gun when the same frame size is available in 9mm with no hassle!! ;)

Autolycus
December 5, 2007, 06:24 PM
I think it is just curiosity. We all know you are better off with the 9mm but curiosity is fun.

CountGlockula
December 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
Overall, the .380 is a great round. Too bad we're just too happy with 9mm.

I'd like to see a live picture of a G25/28 too.

Prince Yamato
December 5, 2007, 08:36 PM
I want one because the government says I can't have one. The Glock 25 is like the cuban cigar of glocks. You know it might not be THAT great, but you really hope you can get your hands on one when the Bat-men aren't looking. :D

R&J
December 5, 2007, 09:03 PM
CountGlockula said, in part, "I'd like to see a live picture of a G25/28 too."

The G25 looks precisely like the G19, and shares the same dimensions. It is 1 oz. lighter, however. This model was passed over for the American market.

The G28 shares the same dimensions as the G26, but is 1.25 oz. lighter. This model was offered to American LEOs only, as a BUG.

--Ray

Ron James
December 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
I know that they are not imported but why would they be illegal ? My understanding is there is no market for them in the U.S. What am I missing?

Spartacus451
December 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
They don't have enough points accord to the BATF to be considered a sporting firearm or something along those lines.

milo z
December 5, 2007, 09:27 PM
pistols chambered in .380 (and .22lr) get fewer import points than in 'sporting' (real) calibers like 9mm - dates back to the 1968 GCA, I think.

Sistema1927
December 6, 2007, 10:24 AM
Why ask why?

Are you expecting some kind of sanity in gun control laws?

kd7nqb
December 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
I agree with the cuban cigar theory, I want one because they say I cant have one. However, maybe its my endless optimism but I feel that in the next 10yrs we will be having a real conversation about gun laws and some common sense might be allowed.

If you enjoyed reading about "The .380 Glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!