Buying TWO handguns and need info....

PDA

Constantine-p89
December 5, 2007, 10:21 PM
I was looking at this site and foung a number of 1911's under $400 dollars. I am going to get the Rock Standard 45. I am looking for a second 1911 and I found this one out of the ones you will see I am looking at and wanted to know if anyone has information on this gun of owns one......

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1371

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying TWO handguns and need info...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TallCanTactical
December 6, 2007, 02:11 AM
Never have seen it advertised here on the west side. Not a bad deal though! But it seems with guns, and I think most things in life, you get what you pay for. I'm sure they are good guns though. And why not just get one real nice one instead of buying two average 1911's? Hell, I think I'm gonna even say maybe check out the new HK45!!! Pretty sweet... or just buy the two guns and have some fun at the range. Good luck!

kansas45
December 6, 2007, 03:22 AM
I think I would get two RIA GI's or the RIA GI and a RIA Tactical. That other one you are looking at could be a good pistol, but why take the chance? I didn't even see a band name in the add.
They might not be expensive, but the RIA's are very good firearm's.

ulflyer
December 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
Its made in the Philippines, by, I think, a different company than the one that makes Rock Is, Armscors, etc. I think what I read was that it is not to the same quality.

Came across this thread on Sam's and Armscor:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=58272&highlight=Cebu

BigO01
December 6, 2007, 08:43 AM
In my dealings with small FFL holders that work out of their homes in the last few years I have seen 2 of the SAM full sized 1911's .

On inspection they were both on par with my Armscor made Charles Daly's , the exteriors finish were near perfect as 1 had a slight blem on the underside of the frame as I recall . Fit was fine , triggers were good not to light or heavy or gritty .

I have asked 1 person on 1911Org who bought a SAM Commodore "A Commander Clone" what he thought of it after shooting it and he was quite pleased with it .

Since you have a full sized RIA you might want to look on Centerfires main handgun page , they have the Commodores for $329.99 and consider one .

I think a 4 1/4 in Commander is the ideal 1911 myself as the slightly shorter barrel helps with comfortable carry yet in no way affects the reliability or accuracy of the weapon .

kamagong
December 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
I've never heard of Rock Standard. Were I in your shoes, I'd take a look at the RIA Tactical. It's only a few dollars more, has more features, and less of a risk.

rcmodel
December 6, 2007, 02:27 PM
And why not just get one real nice one instead of buying two average 1911's?I'll vote for that!

I'll even go so far as say, why not get one nice one instead of two Sub-Standard ones!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

Constantine-p89
December 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
Well I want two and need to stay under $1000 and want to upgrade some stuff on them to my personal needs. I like the Rock Island ''GI'' or Standard model and the SAM models.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying TWO handguns and need info...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!