TFO-front with diff. rear night sight?

PDA

CPshooter
December 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
I like Sig's night sight combination they offer on a few of their models like the Equinox and SCT..it's a TFO front sight combined with a sig 2-dot night sight in the rear. I was wondering if it's possible to use this combination with another brand of gun like a Glock,XD, etc with success. Or is the height of the front sight incompatible w/ the stock specs on other guns? Would it cause you to shoot high or low?

If you enjoyed reading about "TFO-front with diff. rear night sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Baneblade
December 6, 2007, 06:40 PM
One of the guys at my local store uses the front TFO sight with a standard Glock factory rear sight on his 17 and 22.

I was looking into this as well and am curious to see what others have to say.

skinewmexico
December 6, 2007, 06:41 PM
I just bought the TFOs with different color front and back.

Jim Watson
December 6, 2007, 06:45 PM
The TFO rep told me at the SHOT Show that they would only sell front sights alone if they had a large enough order to be worth making up the packaging.

I guess Sig-Sauer orders them in bulk.
I dunno what Baneblade's guy did but I would be interested to hear.

R&J
December 6, 2007, 06:58 PM
I looked into this after considering the Equinox, and buying my G17.

While Cabela's can special order a front sight, it's cheaper to just by a TFO set from LWD, and discard the rear sight.

While I like the TFO concept, the product has had its quality problems, and frankly, the 90-day warranty stinks. Thus, I aborted the project and bought a DP Adj FO set.

Anyway, AmeriGlo can hook you up with a rear sight to accompany your front TFO. Just to make it easy, we'll be matching metrics with SAE. :rolleyes:

For example, the TFO front sight for a G17 is .173" wide, and .195" tall.

The recommended AmeriGlo rear sight is 7.3 mm, and comes in tritium and plain black.

It is a cool concept, and that Equinox is a sweetheart of a gun!

--Ray

If you enjoyed reading about "TFO-front with diff. rear night sight?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!