Buttstock ammo holder

PDA

tango3065
July 21, 2003, 05:46 PM
I want a slip on buttstock ammo holder for my huntingrifle/shtfrifle but all the one I look at doesnt have a hole for the swivel stud, does any one make one that I can use a sling with?

If you enjoyed reading about "Buttstock ammo holder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DJJ
July 22, 2003, 01:14 PM
I don't know, but here's what I do: remove the swivel stud, position the butt cuff, poke a small hole in it, directly over the swivel stud hole, then screw the stud back in. You will have to hold down the cuff tightly to keep it from getting torqued as the stud goes home, but it makes a much cleaner installation than cutting a hole big enough to go over the stud, plus the butt cuff won't unravel, and the clamping effect helps hold it in place.

If you do decide to make the bigger hole, cut a slit laterally (perpendicular to the rifle), rather than longitudinally. A longitudinal slit will pull apart due to the tension in the cuff.

LIProgun
July 22, 2003, 03:59 PM
That is excellent advice from DJJ. I do virtually the same things and second the suggestions.

tango3065
July 22, 2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Buttstock ammo holder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!