Fn P9

PDA

kentucky_smith
December 6, 2007, 06:14 PM
It's a shame in the swamped market of very good service pistols like Sig, HK, Glock, Sig, SW MPs that this pistol will probably be relegated to the back burner.

This one is a shooter. Bought it new in the box a couple of weeks ago and have had the pleasure of firing 300+ trouble free rounds through it. No failures yet of any kind. It's digested Blazer brass, Blazer not brass, WWB, Independence, Fiocchi, and some odd rounds I found rolling around in the floorboard of my pickup . The arched backstrap I thought felt better, but like a flat msh, I shoot the flat backstrap better. While not as accurate as my Kimber or Browning HP's, the FN does outdo the Sig 228 it replaced. By a far margin. At 10 and 15 yards, POA=POI. Even though it's a fairly light gun, recoil also seems much less than the 228 as well. This pistol compares favorably with the HK USP 40c that I sold not to long ago, only without the ability to cock and lock. From my understanding, there is now a variant that can do that.

I also like the way this thing handles compared to the M&P 9c I had. Takedown and putbacktogether is easier and the gun has a higher quality feel to it.

So what's the point of this post? Nothing really, while polymer pistols aren't my cup of tea I'm very impressed with this pistol and would highly recommend it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=68622&stc=1&d=1196979189
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=68623&stc=1&d=1196979293
Anyway, I like it. A lot. The TLR-1 is an added bonus. That thing is like a mini-spotlight, be good for shining a coon. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Fn P9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
December 6, 2007, 06:20 PM
I never liked the trigger on them. DA was very heavy and did not reset quickly. DA/SA trigger the DA was too long and the SA is just not as good as a BHP or 1911. Every one I picked up just did not do it for me.

I would take my Sig P228 over the FN everyday of the week. It is a preference more than anything.

Glad you like it. They are well built and should serve you well.

Spyvie
December 6, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have an FNP-9 and I love it... HK quality at a Ruger price. 500 rounds on mine without a hiccup. She's in the shop right now getting a set of Ameriglos installed.

There's a guy on FN Forum.net (http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3721&start=14)with 15k rds through his, I can't link directly to that post so here's a link to an excellent photo spread (http://picasaweb.google.com/drdrewusaf/FNP)of this high mileage FNP-9

R&J
December 6, 2007, 07:39 PM
My gun shop speaks well of FN. Great value! ;)

--Ray

Shipwreck
December 6, 2007, 09:20 PM
Nice gun!

Come check out www.fnforum.net if ya wanna know more about FNPs...

The Mayor
December 6, 2007, 09:45 PM
I'm in the market for a plastic 9mm car gun, so I handled the FN at sportsmans warehouse and liked the way it felt like a light 1911. However when trying a draw I rode the safety, no thats a decocker, oops.
They only had the DAO at the store, can anyone tell me about the single action model? Does it have a safety to park your thumb on?

I was impressed how it felt in my hand, nice gun.

modifiedbrowning
December 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the post Kentucky. I have a SS FNP-9 on layaway right now. The trigger seemed very nice when I dry fired it in the shop. I'm still trying to figure out how I can pay it off before Christmas so that I have a nice present for myself on Christmas morning.

kentucky_smith
December 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
Forgot to mention it comes with 3 16 round mags.

Shipwreck
December 7, 2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the post Kentucky. I have a SS FNP-9 on layaway right now. The trigger seemed very nice when I dry fired it in the shop. I'm still trying to figure out how I can pay it off before Christmas so that I have a nice present for myself on Christmas morning.

Yes, the FNP has the best DA pull I have ever felt on a stock gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fn P9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!