My day started off right

PDA

Norton
July 21, 2003, 06:27 PM
So, I'm zipping around the outer loop of the Capitol Beltway this morning at around 6:30am. Just about the time I get up into Montgomery County (about where the giant Beavis and Butthead/Metallica banner was flying for you locals) I look over in the lane to my right and see a really nice looking Dodge Durango with a window sticker that says "University of Smith and Wesson".

I got quite a chuckle out of that but then I looked down to see that the guy's license plate read "BUSACAP" and grinned ear to ear.

Not at all P.C., especially in the Republic of Montgomery County.....

If you're out there on the board....you got a big smile out of a weary road warrior this morning:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "My day started off right" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jerrywahid
July 21, 2003, 06:47 PM
I have seen that sticker and thought it was kind of cool...but, assertive bumber/window stickers serve to provide schmucks with a reason to key your car.

Thats still a pretty cool story. Whatever gets you going you know.

keyhole
July 21, 2003, 06:51 PM
Great tag!

blades67
July 22, 2003, 12:34 AM
Wonder how often he gets pulled over...:scrutiny:

six 4 sure
July 22, 2003, 01:17 AM
Somehow I think that might attract almost as much attention as a Ferrari with HIOFICR on his plates. It would put a smile on my face too during a morning commute.

six

Dave McCracken
July 22, 2003, 06:21 AM
I've seen "Busacap" on the Beltway. He was driving right behind a car in the left lane, not 3 feet off the bumper. When that guy saw the grill in his mirror, he pulled over, and "Busacap" pulled up to the next car in that lane and repeated the performance.

Not a nice guy, and not good PR for us.

MicroBalrog
July 22, 2003, 07:23 AM
What does BUSACAP mean?

Greg L
July 22, 2003, 07:27 AM
Bust a cap - shoot off a round

Master Blaster
July 22, 2003, 04:00 PM
Bust a cap, a term that is used by illiterate gang members, from the inner city. Like: Im gonna bus acap in yo ??? bitch. I know this from watching those Hollywood movies, and listening to some rap songs.

Great, at least he didnt have an NRA sticker on his suv.

:barf: :barf:

4v50 Gary
July 22, 2003, 04:07 PM
Rude driving habits is not the way to impress a neutral person.

bogie
July 22, 2003, 04:11 PM
Heh - back when I was driving the Critter Gitter, someone keyed it.

Darn.

A minute or two with a few spray cans, and I could hardly tell.

Had a nice chat with the manager of the grocery I was shopping at too, to see if they had video security of the parking lot. They didn't, but this camo-painted truck drivin' guy came off as a reasonable gentleman, whereas the person who didn't like the Critter Gitter (which also sported a BUNCH of pro-gun bumper stickers) was seen as being the villain.

one-shot-one
July 22, 2003, 07:20 PM
:p
not gun related but the blonde in the mustang on 290 in houston,
bumper sticker : As a matter of fact I do own this road!

MicroBalrog
July 22, 2003, 07:31 PM
What does "keying" mean?

What's the Critter Gitter?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Moparmike
July 22, 2003, 07:56 PM
Keying is taking a key and scraping paint off of a car down the legnth of the car. Only people the most deserving of being removed from the gene pool perform such an act.

Norton
July 23, 2003, 08:40 PM
Dave,

You're absolutely right that if this guy was tailgating and being a general menace on the beltway, he's certainly not someone that presents the rest of us in a positve light. Can't say that he was doing that when I saw him, but then again, in my efforts to make my 1 1/2 hour (temporary) commute, I may have been the menace myself as I passed him (though I have no bumper stickers on my car).

Guess I really didn't think about the "thuggy" nature of the tag....just sort of struck me as a little bit of levity in the midst of a dreary commute.

Norton

DrPsycho
July 24, 2003, 02:27 AM
hehe, reminds me of the pic I saw on another forum I frequent. An early 90s Corolla with "Powered by Centrelink"* sticker. The driver reported getting alot of finger gestures by other motorists. ;)

*Centrelink is Australia's govt department that welfare recipients register with.

Chipperman
July 24, 2003, 12:44 PM
When my car gets old enough that I don't care about the paint anymore I may get an RKBA sticker.

Kharn
July 24, 2003, 01:34 PM
MicroBalrog:
A "Critter Gitter" is typically a big 1970s-1980s SUV/truck (Chevy Suburban, etc) normally used for hunting/fishing/outdoor activities.
Typical characteristics:
1: spray-painted (not professionally, Krylon is sufficient) black or camo,
2: large tires (aka swampers, sometimes >30" in diameter with deep treads)
and
3: pro-gun bumper stickers plastered on the back.

Kharn

willyjixx
July 24, 2003, 03:24 PM
hey Kharn:

does an 85 Ramcharger with the primer pokin through sittin on 33s loaded with guns dogs an others count?

Kharn
July 24, 2003, 03:29 PM
Willy:
Its a subjective thing (like with Feinstein and "Assault weapons"), I'll know one when I see one. :neener: But, just on a rough estimate, probably; for best results please pick up 6 cans of Krylon and use appropriately.

Kharn

Dave McCracken
July 25, 2003, 06:51 AM
Norton, he also has one of those "Warning,driver carries only $20 worth of ammo" bumperstickers,IIRC. Again, BAD PR.

If you enjoyed reading about "My day started off right" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!