The Complete Guide To Posting Pictures

PDA

Nando Aqui
July 21, 2003, 06:32 PM
I have seen bits and pieces on how to post pictures, but I have not seen a detailed, step-by-step of what is required. I have .jpg pictures already (camera and scanner) and know how to edit them and change their size, but don't know how to post them.

Does such a guide exist, and if so, can you point me to such?

(And please--- I am definitely not interested in any that would be titled "The Dummy's Guide To Picture Posting on the Web", or worse, "The Idiots Guide...".)

thanks

Alex

If you enjoyed reading about "The Complete Guide To Posting Pictures" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
July 21, 2003, 06:57 PM
If the picture is on the internet, merely hit the [IMG] button and enter the link (address).

If it is your picture and not accessible on the internet, use the Attach File: feature.

hksw
July 21, 2003, 07:20 PM
Note, however, that the Attach file: feature limits the size of the pictures you can download. (153600 bytes)

If you have a picture that exceeds that size, you can either re-size/crop it, re-save it into a type of file that uses less space, or you can upload (transfer) your photos to a website that will store your photos electronically. There were quite a few free photo storage website awhile back but that form of service has slimmed down some in recent times. There are still some available like SONY's ImageStation (http://www.imagestation.com/), but you have to look for them. Just Google it up.

From the free photo storage sites, you can them link to your photos like any other image from the internet as described above using the image function.

doctorhumbert
July 21, 2003, 09:24 PM
I use sony imagestation for online image hosting, but I am worried about their user privacy. I think it would be wise not to put your girl friend's intimate picture or that of your illegally converted full auto AR15.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Complete Guide To Posting Pictures" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!