Finally bought a new knife

December 7, 2007, 05:42 PM
After my thread asking for suggestions on a new knife, I decided on a kershaw, and just landed a new kershaw blur with the s30v blade for $35. That is a good deal, right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally bought a new knife" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
December 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
that's a great deal. where did you get it? the blur was a very good choice, enjoy.

December 7, 2007, 05:56 PM
Got it from the local classifieds. The dude bought it online, and then decided that anything but spyderco sucked (kind of reminded me of the glock crowd :evil:). Got the idea from all of the internet experts :rolleyes: Well, his loss is my gain.

December 7, 2007, 07:05 PM
definitely a good deal!

The Hound
December 7, 2007, 10:57 PM
Awesome deal!! I love my s30v Blur. Use it for work everyday!

December 20, 2007, 01:39 AM
Im not sure about the "s30v" but i have a kershaw blur that i paid $55 for. So $35 is a great price. I love my kershaw blur, its my most favorite knife ive ever owned. In fact, i bought two since i "lost" the first one (fell into someones couch, almost unretreivable).

December 20, 2007, 02:53 AM
Use the second knife to rescue the first knife from the guy's couch. :D

December 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
I've had two tanto blurs, and while I love the knife overall, I'm not a big fan of the tanto blade. Harder to sharpen. I traded the first one back to wal-mart when I broke the tip off, and now I just broke the tip off of the second one three days ago trying to pry a staple jam out of a stapler. Wal-mart won't take it back b/c they no longer carry it and I don't have a reciept.

December 20, 2007, 02:31 PM

December 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
I love the "Blur".

I used to carry a Randal King Phantom Reflex, but after a student sent me a "blur" following an edged weapons seminar we put on, I got curious about it.

Started messing around with it some...and now its my daily carry. Solidly built, quick opening, takes a pretty good edge, easy to maneuver into a reverse grip, etc...

December 22, 2007, 02:14 AM

cant wait for my custom graham utility razel to come!

December 22, 2007, 03:08 AM
hahah, that's pretty interesting, Corndogg; who forges those?

Tinker(swordsmith) does a knife with an unusual tip, also.

December 22, 2007, 07:58 AM
hahah, that's pretty interesting, Corndogg; who forges those?

Razels are grinded out by the Graham Brothers
IDK about the forging, as there is the Paul Bos heat treat mark, right next to the Graham mark.

I ended up buying a Mid-Tech Stars n Stripes Ringed Razel XL awhile back. Came to me wicked sharp, and still is with only some minor sharpening. Its my EDC utility knife. As I won't use my other knives for mundane things. Haven't found a job the razel couldn't handle, but not really going out of my way to find anything anyway.

Word of advise, treat these like a Karambit, don't spin them no matter HOW cool it looks or seems. I very nearly had to take a friend to the emergency room the first week I got it. He was spinning it around and nicked himself on his vein. By this I mean he nicked the skin above the vein, not the vein itself.

Also, Corndogg, Razel's nice, and the Bos heat treat is top notch, but its still not a prybar. You're better off finding a Atwood PryBaby or something like it.

December 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
very true.

and i do have an atwood prybaby! and xl. and hexbaby. and termite. and...

yeah im an atwood junkie.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally bought a new knife" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!