The Brady Bunch has a survey, hit it!

PDA

mgregg85
December 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
I don't know if it will mess up their results or not but please hit this survey, its easy to do, just select strongly disagree for all the statements.

bradynetwork.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SRV_2007GeneralLegislativePrioritiesSurvey
Gotta mess with the brady bunch whenever we can.

I just wish we could see the results.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Brady Bunch has a survey, hit it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Im283
December 7, 2007, 11:22 PM
I did it but I doubt it really matters. Those people make up their own truths.
Actual truth has nothing to do with what they preach

Zach S
December 7, 2007, 11:22 PM
They dont email results to you either. You can use a fake address if you wish, this is the message I got:

Dear Zach,

Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections — by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to your participation, we will show that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws be at the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Sincerely,
Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

zxcvbob
December 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
I got a "Your response has already been submitted once." error. I think maybe it was actually rejected because I answered the questions wrong. How old is this survey? I guess it's possible that I answered it over a year ago.

Regolith
December 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
Done. Considering how outnumbered they are on their own blogs, my guess is that they're going to get flooded with "strongly disagree."

:cool:

Zach S
December 7, 2007, 11:30 PM
But since the results arent public, they'll make up their own in their favor.

Nomad101bc
December 8, 2007, 12:13 AM
Why how dare you! LMAO The Brady Bunch would never do such a thing! LMFAO

BAT1
December 8, 2007, 12:13 AM
They need to close the borders and bust gangs who break into firearms dealers. Bust arms dealers? That would be every govt on earth. If they were to see the evidence showing Reagan was possibly shot by his own people, they would put a poll out our own govt.

Gunnerpalace
December 8, 2007, 12:19 AM
I did my part, oh yeah :

"Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support"

It was my pleasure. :D

The Canuck
December 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
:confused:

They told me I already filled the darn thing out. I would like to know how that could be.

I decided that it was simply a coding error and not anybody's fault. So I emailed them...

I would like to respond to your survey, however when I made my entries it indcated that I had already filled it out. I do not recall having done so.

Since I feel that you may find my responses vital here they are again...

1. GETTING ASSAULT WEAPONS OFF THE STREETS

Since the expiration of the federal Assault Weapons Ban two years ago, there has been a significant rise in violent crime and homicides.

>>> Cite a source please. Accoridng to the FBI, since CCW laws came to be the gross trend has been a drastic downturn in violent crime and homicide, in fact England is more violent than the US (UN Study of crime in developed nations 2006) and they have a TOTAL ban on semi-automatic firearms, let alone select fire, rifle calibre firearms! In fact the last I checked, those were the exclusive province of the Military and Law Enforcement... Are you suggesting that we take these firearms away from those who protect us?

How strongly do you agree with this statement: Passing an assault weapons ban must be one of the top domestic safety priorities of the 110th Congress.
Please select response

MY RESPONSE - Strongly Disagree, based solely on the fact that your literature has led me to believe that you have NO IDEA of what you are talking about.

2. EXTENDING BACKGROUND CHECKS TO ALL GUN SALES

Four in ten guns are sold by unlicensed dealers with absolutely no background check, most at thousands of gun shows held across the country.

>>> Again, show me a cite regarding this, I bet the ATF could help you out, just lookthe stats up at thier web-site and then cite it. Otherwise people may think its a false-hood. Also, how many of these non-background checked sales were on the blackmarket, peopled exclusively by criminals?

How strongly do you agree with this statement: A Brady background check must be conducted on every gun sold in this country, no exceptions.
Please select response

MY RESPONSE - Agree, provided you tell me how you intend to get the criminal element to comply.

3. STOPPING BULK SALES TO GUN TRAFFICKERS

States that prohibit multiple firearms sales have shown to lower the percentage of guns that are traced to violent crime.

>>> Okay, here we go again... If you are going to talk about this, then you have to also disclose that 14 of the 15 lowest violent crime rates are in states the have Shall Issue Concealed Carry. You also have to disclose if these mulitiple firearms sales were to Law Enforcement and /or FFLs. Your questions here are leading at best.

How strongly do you agree with this statement: There is no legitimate reason for a responsible gun owner to buy 10, 20, even 100 guns at a time.
Please select response

MY RESPONSE - Strongly Disagree, they may be buying for a group to get a break on the price, not everybody can afford a personal security team. Average Janes and Joes have to raise their kids on an average wage, they don't have access to trust funds and protective services.

4. STRENGTHENING THE POWER OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

Using crime gun trace data, law enforcement can identify the 1% of gun dealers who supply nearly 60% of crime guns. Even with hundreds of violations, most of these rogue gun dealers remain open for business because of restrictions Congress and the Bush Administration have placed on ATF's ability to inspect them and revoke their licenses.

>>> Yeah, I think that a good first step for any organization is to keep ones people from violating state and federal laws first, then they can go look into other people's pies, I am not pointing any fingers here, just a thought of mine. Also, the rogue gun dealers brings me back to our nemesis, the criminal seller & buyer...

How strongly do you agree with this statement: Congress must strengthen ATF and law enforcement's power to shut down corrupt gun dealers who supply the criminal gun market.
Please select response

MY RESPONSE - Agree, assuming you added a few words to many to the above statement. You see, the corrupt are criminals, but of course those who live in glass houses and all that... Not that I am saying you are corrupt, just that I THINK you are.

Just so you know, I expressed my thoughts and beliefs here, nothing more.

BullsEye10x
December 8, 2007, 01:45 AM
Just submitted my strongly disagreeing opinions :neener:

scrat
December 8, 2007, 02:00 AM
just submitted mine.
:neener:

Robert Hairless
December 8, 2007, 03:39 AM
Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that the Brady Campaign appreciates the help of gun owners in the last election. They'll be amazed to see how much more help they'll get from gun owners who vote for Democrats and independents in the next election.

nezumi
December 8, 2007, 09:38 AM
Let's avoid letting them see we all came from here.

Please COPY the following URL into your web browser:
www.bradynetwork.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SRV_2007GeneralLegislativePrioritiesSurvey

mike101
December 8, 2007, 10:15 AM
"I got a "Your response has already been submitted once." error."

Me too. Knowing just how crooked these people are, I too am betting it's because they didn't like our responses.

It doesn't matter. They'll just lie about the results anyway.

I am going to beat them over the head with this, right now, on their own blog.

:fire:

joffe
December 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
I didn't get an error - of course answered strongly disagree on all items.

Sistema1927
December 8, 2007, 11:19 AM
Two things. One is the fact that they state that they are looking for the opinions of their members. Since I am not, and never will be, one of their members it just wouldn't be right to troll their poll.

Second, why would I want to give them my email address?

geekWithA.45
December 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Two things. One is the fact that they state that they are looking for the opinions of their members. Since I am not, and never will be, one of their members it just wouldn't be right to troll their poll.

Second, why would I want to give them my email address?

What I've been told is that the Bradyites count anyone who's given them an email address as a member, and so that sorta covers 2 birds with one stone. :neener:

ambidextrous1
December 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
It's a good thing to give them your email address: "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer".

I've been on their mailing list for a couple of years. Occasionally they ask their subscribers to forward the accompanying message to their Federal elected officials, and are encouraged to add their personal comments to the message. I edit the message by deleting their words and inserting mine.

I [I]think[I] this works; when I'm finished, I get a message that says my commemts have been sent - but who knows? :scrutiny:

langenc
December 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
Took all my wrong answers. Did not see a 'results' page. Maybe they dont like the results.

zxcvbob
December 8, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think maybe they rejected me because they already have my email address on file. I signed up for their newsletters a year or two ago so I could watch what they are up to.

Owens
December 8, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evidently, no need to enter name or e-mail for survey. I did my part to give them the true perspective!:D

revjen45
December 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
"I got a "Your response has already been submitted once." error."

Me too. With 2 different names and e-mail addresses.

AndyC
December 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
Done

mike6161
December 8, 2007, 02:29 PM
done

b-rad
December 8, 2007, 03:16 PM
anybody ever go to one of their meetings to listen to them\?

ServiceSoon
December 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
That was fun! I even gave them my actual contact information. Maybe they will call me to argue, or rather discuss their "facts."

RobMoore
December 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
Done, and I guess now if I ever get asked if I've used an alias, I have to give

B.Lowme @ takeahike.com

Docgmt
December 8, 2007, 07:32 PM
I did my part, also signed up for the email alert. I think it is so nice of my enemies to email me their tactics so I can be prepared:neener:

mike101
December 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
I take comfort in the fact that they aren't very smart over there.

You guys should check out their blog, which is on Huffpo. Paulie Walnuts hasn't yet grown the cajones to reopen the Brady Blog to comments on their own site.

It's still "all Kelli, all the time" pretty much. She does get some drive-by supporters, on occasion, but they never last longer than a day. She is losing her mind. Helmke must crawl under his sofa every time she posts.

Check it out. Consider it a guilty pleasure. :evil:

Bigdtc
December 8, 2007, 08:24 PM
Gave-em my dissagrees! Thanx!:)

nerfsrule2
December 9, 2007, 09:05 AM
I got through: and gave them a big dose of Strongly Disagree!!!!!:fire:

Roswell 1847
December 9, 2007, 09:28 AM
I like the way they word their questions, "How Strongly do you agree". No thought given that people seeing this survey would actually have an opinion other than theirs.

A few years back on another forum a link one of these surveys by a supposed researcher was posted.
Before the day was out they have closed down the survey because since close to 90% of those who responded were against gun control they just had to assume that something was wrong with the software.

They don't really want to hear of any opposing opinions.

PS
The best gun control is a sharp eye and a steady hand.

WSM MAGNUM
December 9, 2007, 04:41 PM
Answered Strongly disagree on all questions. Got the same email that Zach posted on page one. I get the feeling that they strongly will not use my answers for their agenda. They will probably change them all to strongly agree. :barf:

mspurg
December 9, 2007, 05:28 PM
All the Brady’s do is use your email address to solicit money for their "cause" via follow-up emails, and then use their survey and your email address as a petition in their favor no matter what you had selected. They will then send your email address (sort of a signature equivalent type of thing) along with a petition to the Schumers, Feinsteins, and others. Filling out their survey, which I did long time ago, simply is a vote for the anti-gunners!!!! It is a big fraud of the Nth degree!!! :mad:

Javelin
December 9, 2007, 05:33 PM
Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophoole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

They arent getting a damn cent from me! Damn Brady!

mspurg
December 9, 2007, 06:11 PM
Remember the Brady’s are also using their money to get Constitutional Lawyers to present their anti-gun rhetoric before the upcoming Supreme Court "2nd Amendment Hearing" this next January!!!! That is why I am sending some extra $$ to the NRA-ILA and GOA as they are also going to be there representing us!!! Go team go (NRA and GOA)!!!!!
Who knows if your email address might be in some document presented to the Supremes by the Brady's. They routinely lie and deceive!!!!!!

Quote "They arent getting a damn cent from me! Damn Brady!"

Naja
December 9, 2007, 07:47 PM
Gave them my disagreement, for what good it does.

cwmcgu2
December 9, 2007, 08:07 PM
Done, not looking forward to their junk propoganda emails though from giving a real email address.

MD_Willington
December 10, 2007, 04:26 PM
Everything they want will give more power to .gov...

They "can't see the forest through the trees" I guess...

ServiceSoon
December 10, 2007, 07:29 PM
Who knows if your email address might be in some document presented to the Supremes by the Brady's. They routinely lie and deceive!!!!!!Then I will sue for punitive damages.

Done, not looking forward to their junk propoganda emails though from giving a real email address.You can always unsubscribe. I think this option is required by law.

mpmarty
December 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
I don't know how or why you sent me this email. I am a proud endowment member of the NRA and absolutely feel you are a bunch of idiots who don't have a clue as to the cause of gun crime in this country. If each and every one of us were armed 24/7 the criminals would lose their ability to prey on helpless sheep. Next time a mugger sticks a gun in your face, call a cop. They will come and fill out reports and solve nothing. You are a bunch of educated fools feeding on mass hysteria. Funny, Ronald Reagan never started an anti-gun crusade, and neither did Nancy.

Stop the NRA <advocacy@stopthenra.com> wrote:

Dear Martin,

Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections — by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to your participation, we will show that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws be at the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Sincerely,
Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

If this e-mail was forwarded to you, click here to sign up for your own StoptheNRA alerts