Pennsylvania THR gathering August 10th!!!

PDA

SodaPop
July 21, 2003, 11:00 PM
Well, it's been almost a year since the last one and its time to do some blasting!!

Date: Sunday, August 10th-10am-8pm or until stomachs start to growl. This is an ALL day event.

Place: www.waterandwings.com

More info will be posted in the next couple days.

FALL IN!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania THR gathering August 10th!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
July 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
I'll try to get there, but I can't guarantee anything.

SodaPop
July 22, 2003, 12:57 AM
FYI

The average TFL/THR member that comes to these gatherings drives 2-3hrs to get here. Motels are all within a few minutes of the range so long distance travelers are welcome.

I'll also be setting up a table for displaying firearms.

Show off your toys if ya want to.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
July 22, 2003, 06:26 PM
Can't make it SodaPop. The Family will be on vacation that week. Sorry about that. :(

Dave Markowitz
July 22, 2003, 09:20 PM
Arrghhh!!!

I will be out of town that weekend. :mad:

Oh well, I'm going to try to get up there the weekend before, and/or the Thursday before the gathering.

One of these days I'll make one of these get togethers.

SodaPop
July 23, 2003, 12:44 AM
As always, if any of you can't make it this date there is the possibility of moving it to another date. I do have a several people that are coming but the majority rules.

Jeff OTMG
July 23, 2003, 02:22 AM
Sorry, I am going to have to miss it and I am in Indy, not that far. I already have flights booked through 8/15 (Glock Talk meet in Austin that weekend) and have for a couple of weeks. Gun show season is starting up too. Go for a few months notice rather than a few weeks next time.

Pappy John
July 23, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'm there, Soda.

Gus Dddysgrl
July 23, 2003, 02:21 PM
Will put you on my date book. I may be a little late if I do come, but will try my hardest. That is the best date for me as of now since most of my weekends are full.

Gus

PS if I come daddy (Perfessr) and maybe a few others will come too.

45Badger
July 23, 2003, 10:01 PM
I'm in!

What will we be shooting? One of everything ?:D

Need any food/beverage?

SodaPop
July 23, 2003, 11:47 PM
There is a place to sit down and relax inside with food and drinks. 'Water and Wings' has one of the best sporting clays courses in the NE so it is pretty nice there.

100,200,300,400 and 500yd rifle range.

7-50yd pistol range

5 Stand and sporting clay course.

It's $15 to shoot all day but bring ammo and targets.

Several of the NJ THR members are bringing shotguns to do the sporting clays, so if you've got a shotgun BRING IT!!

David Park
July 24, 2003, 12:38 AM
Ack! I just looked at the calendar, and that weekend's packed. Right now, I don't think I'll be able to make it. :(

(see sig)

Marcus
July 24, 2003, 08:37 PM
I WILL BE THERE!!! :D Hey Soda, do they allow swinging steel silouette targets? If so I should be able to swing (no pun intended) at least one or two rimfire,a handgun type and maybe a rifle caliber one for the looonnnngggg ranges. :) Hope we can also pull off a riot gun sporting clays shoot! Geeze I hope there`s a show coming up before then to stock up on ammo. :) Marcus

SodaPop
July 24, 2003, 08:45 PM
They allow silouette shooting for the Cowboy action shooters but they have to close down some of the lanes to do that.

I don't think there are any big shows in our area until Sept. I believe the Harrisburg show is at the end of August.

I plan on doing these more often again. I'd like to get back to do this every other month.

This past year was just terrible as far as the weather goes.

nvrquit
July 24, 2003, 10:26 PM
There it goes again. Baptism for tripletts on that day(scheduled two months ago). With the range time and double match weekends I'm spending in the run up to the PA State IDPA match, the wife would not look kindly on my being MIA for this baptism.

Shows:
Valley Forge - September 20/21; December 20/21
Harrisburg Farm show - August 23/24(rumor is it's in the new air conditioned building)
Philadelphia Nat. Guard Bldg. - September 13/14(smaller show)
Lebanon Expo Cntr. - September 13/14(smaller show)
Allentown Expo Cntr. - September 27/28(getting better with each show there, smaller size than V.F. & Harrisburg)
Allentown Ag Hall(Fairgrounds) - October 18/19

Yes, they're all in the planner...

The sad thing about the V.F. Sept. 20/21 date is that Monroeville is on the same weekend, so some vendors from western PA and Ohio don't bother coming to V.F. for that weekend.

To SodaPop and all the gang, have a great time! Shoot safe, shoot well!

SodaPop
July 26, 2003, 02:57 AM
BTT

Mr Jody Hudson
July 26, 2003, 03:53 PM
I hope to come. Plan to have some pocket pistols for sale as well.

Will most likely have a Keltec .32 for sale and some Miscellaneous .380, 9x18, .22 and 9 mm pistols available. Perhaps a rifle or two as well. It's a good time to "try before you buy".

Will also most likely have some very special and hard to find ammo, in quantity, for the above pistols available as well.

All rules and PC requirements for transfer will be followed as per prescription of law, etc.

SodaPop
July 26, 2003, 06:39 PM
Please list the guns you're selling.

Blue light specials?

Mr Jody Hudson
July 26, 2003, 08:41 PM
Currently,

3 Keltec .32 pistols @ $250 each, net to me.

2 "accurized" East German Makarovs with 6 magazines each, plus holster, in 9x18 @ $400 net to me.

2 PA-63 "accurized" pocket pistols in 9x18 @ $200 net to me

1 "accurized" "Hungarian PPK" in 9x18 @ $300 net to me

1 "accurized" "Hungarian PPK" in 9x17 aka .380 @ $300 net to me

1 "accurized" "Hungarian PPK" in .22 @ $300 net to me

1 Glock 19 older model with ALL Glock upgrades and replacement parts installed, with night sites. $500 net to me.

By "accurized" I have had my favorite and most particular custom pistol smith, Roger Perry, go over these guns with smoothing and springs and stoning all around, tweeking here and there. Such things as heavier springs for the firing pin, honing out the firing pin tunnel, working the chambers a bit, the triggers, a bit, and the fit of mechanical parts involved with accuracy and reliability. These are FINE little pocket pistols and well beyond the Walther in quality and reliability in every way. Plus they are smaller and lighter. They have the improved reliability of in-line feeding from the magazine to the chamber, like the Makarov -- which is most of what gives them the accuracy, reliability and speed far in excess of the Walther. The design is flatter, lighter, and smaller in all dimensions than the PPK.

Ammo; I have a few thousand rounds of the HOT and accurate Norinco military fmj 9x18 as well as a few thousand rounds of other 9x18 specialty ammo, such as the Wolf 120 grain 1200 fps (reportedly) HP. Some S&B, etc. I also have quite a bit of S&B in .32 and some other hot .32 ammo in fmj.

There are also several extra magazines for each pistol.

REASON: I have finally settled on my three favorite Makarovs and my favorite Hungarian "PPK"s in each caliber. I also have my favorite Keltecs now. There is nothing wrong with any of these, in fact they are quite a bit improved over the excellent stock examples in each case. It is just that I have done some testing and found the most accurate, FOR ME, examples of each of these, after testing quite a few, and these are now available.

For whatever reason, the ones that shoot the best for me will not likely be the ones that shoot the best for another. My son and I, for instance, shoot together a lot. The same gun will consistently shoot differently for each of us. Personally, I think it has to do with size, weight, and harmonic vibratory frequencies of an individual's hand, arm, body, etc. So, that is why they are for sale. Excellent guns, well priced for what they are.

A person who is familiar with these firearms will be the likely purchaser and that person will want to shoot them and see the difference -- that is what will sell them. :D

SodaPop
July 28, 2003, 09:57 PM
Just checked with the owners and they said its only $10 for non-members to shoot.

Bring plenty of targets and sun screen!! The pistol range is not covered and you'll be in direct sunlight.

Mr Jody Hudson
July 29, 2003, 09:24 AM
Sombreros are good too!:rolleyes:

RepublicanMan
July 29, 2003, 10:22 AM
Not a lot of detail on those directions.......can you clarify from Quakertown please??

Brian Williams
July 29, 2003, 01:43 PM
I have put it on my calender. I am bringing a Marlin 1894 357, Taurus tracker in 45 colt, S&W 940, 13, 586. Also my Win mod 70 Compact Classic in 7mm-08. That is if I can get the brass reloaded.

Mike Irwin are you going to bring your S&W 58?????

Is anybody bringing an "Evil Black Rifle"

Coming with me will be Gus Dddysgrl and my son Peter(I think)

SodaPop
July 29, 2003, 02:23 PM
RepublicanMan- once you go past 476 going west on 663, count 2 more lights. Make a right at that light (you will see a church to your left and a nursery to your right) drive about 2 miles until you see a stone rock that says, "Water and Wings" on it. The stone is engraved and its a little hard to read. To the right of the stone is Jane's Lane. Follow that road until you see a big barn looking building up ahead. You need to park in the back of that barn where the Rifle and Pistol range is.

Come up to the table that will be behind the pistol range and somebody there will tell take you down and sign you in.

Any other questions? Feel free to email or PM me if anyone has any questions.

Mike Irwin
July 29, 2003, 02:42 PM
It's questionable whether I can bring myself or not, Perfesser.

I've two dogs that I have to worry about, and I really don't trust anyone to take care of them for me.

RepublicanMan
July 29, 2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Soda, think I was there a couple of weeks ago but they were have a Cowboy Shoot that day so we wound up at Nockamixon instead. There's a nice restaurant not far from there where everyone eats breakfast before they hit the range if I recall correctly.

SodaPop
July 29, 2003, 07:06 PM
Funny you mention Nockamixon. That range was the sole reason I joined W&W. I saw the worst firearms safety violation there and never went back. If you come to the W&W I'll tell you about the lady that put 30rds threw an SKS, on a 45 degree angle, while her son took a picture of her. To this day I wish I would have called the cops on them. My church going Uncle almost used the Lord's name in vain that day.

I always like to remind people that there are several people that come to these gatherings that are very new to shooting. We all like to try out new firearms and let people try out ours, but please DON'T ASSUME that everyone there knows what they are doing.

Just a warning.

We all go out to eat at Pizza Como. The single guys and the dirty old men have a field day checking out all the waitresses.

The married men get slapped.

I may be bringing my two sisters with me (who are both married) and there may be several new shooters too.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
July 29, 2003, 07:33 PM
I will be doing my best to escape :what: "Day 2, captured and encamped at Cape May". :what: I may only bring some rifles though (SKS, MN91/30). I will have to travel light in order to escape undetected.............. :D

RepublicanMan
July 29, 2003, 07:38 PM
Why Sunday and not Saturday? Tough choice to make, Winston Cup race or shooting......hmmmmm.
:(

SodaPop
July 29, 2003, 11:11 PM
Because I said so!!

Saturdays are hard for some people to get off from work.

I plan on having these things every other month AGAIN. Its just been a bad year.

I'll be at the range from 9am until about 5pm. You can always come in the morning (after Church) like some people do and stay the afternoon, or come later around 1pm and stay until late. The range closes at 8pm.

John Galt
July 30, 2003, 12:01 AM
How about adding this to the day:
A contest for who brings the most people who've never shot before.
That would be usefull and make the event far more memorable to all.

SodaPop
July 30, 2003, 12:37 AM
A contest for who brings the most people who've never shot before.

You're on !! We almost always have new shooters at these events. My one sister never shot any of my stuff.

I had one friend out last time that hadn't shot a firearm in 13yrs.

Binkster
July 30, 2003, 01:19 PM
I am also from Q.Town. I am fortunate enough not to have to use the Nockamixon Range. The last time I was there (to walk my dog) all of the lanes were full and there were people waiting. I belong to the Paletown Gun Club and my future father-in-law has a small range on his property.

I am one of those guys that is fairly new to shooting. I am going to make on the 10th. I am always looking to make some new friends, and receive some instruction on safety and techinque. I guess you could say that I am looking for a shooting mentor.

justashooter
July 30, 2003, 01:45 PM
you guys mind if an FAL or two shows up? i haven't watched this board much, but couldn't pass this thread up.

any other FAL FILES guys here? e-mail me.

SodaPop
July 30, 2003, 02:11 PM
I'll be bringin my DSA- STG58 with a new Sightron 4-16 scope on it.

I have a post over at the FAL files for this shoot. We had a couple guys come out before.

I am one of those guys that is fairly new to shooting.

There are so many guns that come to these shoots that you'll have plenty of stuff to try out.

RepublicanMan
July 30, 2003, 05:21 PM
I myself am relatively new to civilian shooting myself having spent 12 years in the Army, I'll be bringing at a minimum an SKS, Combat Commander and my P225, may try and heist the wifes carry (S&W 9mm) as well although since I don't like the trigger on it I can't promise anything. It will also depend on funds available vs ammo needed, I have plenty of SKS and .22 for the Buntline, .38 Super is low as is 9 and that darned .38 stuff is PRICEY!!!!

Ian Sean
July 30, 2003, 05:58 PM
Marcus, there is a Gun Show (small) at the Leesport Farmers Market, Aug. 9th and 10th (RT 61 just north of Reading) they usually have one or two ammo guys.

Sodapop, I can't make this one due to work, but I am new here as well and very interested in rubbing elbows with other THR people in PA and surrounding areas.

If you have a shoot every other month, (if my work schedule cooperates that is) count me in for October!

SodaPop
July 30, 2003, 09:00 PM
Is anybody bringing an "Evil Black Rifle"

Last time we did this you had the option to out an:

SA58 Carbine
STG58
AUG
AR
SKS
Mini 14
G3
SAR I
Daiwoo
SARII

That's about all we had as far as evil.

I expect to see an unusual number of commie rifles due to the fact TFL member "Dead" will be coming with his dad.

A couple people ARE doing the sporting clays course, so bring yer shotguns if you want to bust clays.

Marcus
July 30, 2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks Ian for the tip. I may try and run out there that Saturday. Marcus

SodaPop
July 30, 2003, 09:15 PM
Mike Irwin- there are plenty of places to tie your dogs up in the shade if you think they could handle it. Try giving W&W a call and ask them if its ok to do that. I've seen dogs in the area before usually tied up near the barn. They would be in plain sight and in the shade.

We never had a mascot for these shoots. :) Do they have TFL shirts? Can they carry ammo?

dinosaur
July 30, 2003, 09:20 PM
There`s one big ammo dealer at Leesport but IIRC he didn`t have any .357. I think I got some from one of the small dealers. I picked up a neat Smith 19 4" there last time.

justashooter
July 30, 2003, 10:47 PM
evil black rifles is the only kind i have anymore, perfessr, but it looks like the wench wants to go camping that weekend, so you will have to shoot somebody else's. have fun, guys.

SodaPop
August 2, 2003, 06:46 PM
BTT

RepublicanMan
August 2, 2003, 09:46 PM
Soda, have at least one guy that doesn't do the internet thing but loves shooting and hunting etc that would like to come. He is especially interested in shooting some clays.......ok for him to play???

P95Carry
August 2, 2003, 10:39 PM
Damn Soda ..... all things being equal I'd make the effort ... even if a bit of a hike from this area of PA. Mind you . not far to get onto Turnpike .....

But like so many ... the calendar is over full. My daughter and her old man arrive to stay with my son Fri 8th and are only around these parts a week ... so any outa town events have to go on back burner.

Great shame cos I'd welcome the chance not only for a day's shoot but to meet up with all you guys. Do hope it'll be possible to hook up another time tho.

SodaPop
August 2, 2003, 10:46 PM
ok for him to play

Only if he loves this country can he come.:)

Do hope it'll be possible to hook up another time tho.

The THR/NJ shoot is in early Sept and I may host another PA shoot a few weeks later.

I'm thinking of a Mid-Sept gathering now. Maybe the weekend after the next big gunshow, that way we all have ammo.;)

P95Carry
August 2, 2003, 11:24 PM
Not sure about NJ event but mid Sept sounds like it could work ..... so I'll try and spot any thread that comes up with info .... hear's hopin.

RepublicanMan
August 2, 2003, 11:42 PM
Great, I'll let him know and we'll both be there.

Mike Irwin
August 3, 2003, 01:00 AM
Soda,

No, I don't think the could handle it, nor would I subject them to it.

Dot_mdb
August 3, 2003, 10:40 PM
I'll most likely be there by the late morning cause I am lazy and like to sleep about as much as I like to shoot.

Bill (Who is looking forward to escaping from The Peoples Republic of NJ for a few hours.)

SodaPop
August 3, 2003, 10:51 PM
Some people come early and leave early, and others come late and stay late.

I'll be there all day, but early and late arrivals are all welcome.

I am estimating about 6-8 NJ escapees.

You're not alone.

SodaPop
August 4, 2003, 05:10 PM
btt

Marcus
August 4, 2003, 10:16 PM
Is the shoot rain or shine? ;) Marcus

FlyinGN
August 4, 2003, 10:32 PM
oh great. I too, like Ray will be away on family vacation.. I could not make the last one and now I can't make thios one.. :( Rotton luck

Frank

SodaPop
August 4, 2003, 10:51 PM
Is the shoot rain or shine? Marcus

Funny you say that, Marcus.

I would normally say YES! But several TFL members are coming down from North NJ and are specifically coming down for sporting clays. If it looks like we might have thunderstorms (its looking like its probable) then I may cancel it.

Its rain or shine, but not if we have 1.21 Jigawatts of electricity.

Good to hear from you Frank!

Cory Steiner
August 4, 2003, 10:53 PM
Sorry for the double.

Cory Steiner
August 4, 2003, 10:54 PM
Might be able to swing this one. Definitely can't do the Sept. NJ fest so I'll do my best. Thanks for the invite.
DSA Carbine
P229
RRA EC
?

clubsoda22
August 5, 2003, 07:12 PM
TO THE ORGANIZER: I'll gladly come if i'm allowed to shoot. I'f you've been reading up on my 18year old legalities thread, everything is legal, from owning to shooting my handguns to transporting them to the range. The only problem is some range owners are hardasses and won't even look at the law. I'd like to come as it's less than an hour up the NE Extension.

SodaPop
August 6, 2003, 11:28 AM
Ray Woodrow- How old was your son when you brought him last time?

I emailed W&W just to make sure it was ok.

taoshooter
August 8, 2003, 09:32 AM
Is anyone bringing a LesBaer to this gathering by any chance - Trying to see one up close and personal - thinking of getting one but would like to see how it fits my hand first.

PS: Professor - - if I get there I'll be bringing Evil Black Rifles.

ed dixon
August 8, 2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry I can't make this one, but I'm going to try if there's another in a couple months.

SodaPop & RepublicanMan: When you say Nockamixon are you referring to the range on the state game lands up that way?

RepublicanMan
August 8, 2003, 09:57 AM
Yes Ed....but if you're going to go there either go early on a weekday or very early on a Saturday. There's a group of kids that go up there on weekends with SARs, MAKs, SKS's etc that do nothing more than blast away. I've watched them intentionally shoot the wooden frames down. Not the brightest group and there's usually 5 or 6 of them. Generally show up in a couple of Neons.

SodaPop
August 8, 2003, 02:08 PM
Any person 18 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years old.

That's the official word from W&W about age requirments.

Ed Dixon- YES that is the place I'm talking about. If I ever saw what I saw there again.. I'd call the police.

RepublicanMan
August 8, 2003, 03:15 PM
My buddy and I are going to be there for sure, rain or shine. We're going to stop at Powder Bourne for breakfast before heading down, should be there around 9am, feel free to meet us there. We'll be in a maroon '01 F-350 Supercab or a goldish/grey (you know the color, they're everywhere) late model Chevy 1500 Supercab. The Ford has several stickers including a US Army sticker in the back window, Chevy has one that says FISH ON. Should be pretty easy to find us.
He's bringing an extra scattergun for me so I can try my hand at the whole clay thing if we're still doing that.

SodaPop
August 8, 2003, 10:03 PM
Just stopped in my local gun shop to see if the scope I ordered came in. They told me that its out of stock:cuss: It took them 2 weeks to tell me this. Yet another reason to order online instead of dealing with local gun shops. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!:fire:

I drove all around this afternoon checking out scopes and found one place that has the exact model I was looking for. Only problem is they are $75 more than what I can get the scope for online.

Do I waste the money or wait and order it online?? I wanted the scope for Sunday.:banghead:

I'm pretty sure the weather is going to be good on Sunday. Chance of passing showers but that shouldn't ruin the day if it does happen.

ed dixon
August 8, 2003, 10:33 PM
I must've gone there 20 times before some polite teenager clued me in to Bucks County Fish and Game, maybe 10 miles down the road. I've only been back a couple times to shoot some clays on that side field. Yes, I've been hit in the back of the neck with hot AK casings from the cool kids at the bench next door and sprayed with some light shot from the "trap shooters" in that field while waiting for my turn. In the end, it's a nice spot, but too well-known and too unpoliced to be consistently safe. Maybe at 6 a.m.

RepublicanMan
August 8, 2003, 10:47 PM
Is that another range in the area Ed? If so, is it a good place to practice with a rifle and pistol without a ton of kids? What's the cost?

ed dixon
August 8, 2003, 11:08 PM
RM: I'm referring to Bucks County Fish and Game, about 10 miles south on 611 in Doylestown. I found out about this place nearly 10 years ago while commiserating with a guy at that SGL. I showed up for a monthly meeting, wandered around and asked the hotdog lady what I needed to do to get in. She said I'd need a sponsor -- then offered to be mine, signed my sheet, and one orientation later I was in. The yearly fee is $50.00. Only a 100-yard range, but also pistol, trap and an archery course. I'd like to find a place for 200+ rifle, but otherwise I'm content. PM me if you're interested. Ed

SodaPop
August 9, 2003, 10:38 PM
I'll most likely have a table set-up behind the pistol range so meet me there and then sign in.

My name is Jamie Young incase any of you didn't know.

Dot_mdb
August 10, 2003, 12:00 AM
Jamie,

I just looked at the weather forcast and they are predicting scattered thunder showers for the whole day tomorrow.

Because I have a 180 mile round trip to get to the range I am going to have to cancel out. If you decide on a rain date I will try to get there or to the next one you put together.

Bill

SodaPop
August 10, 2003, 12:26 AM
That's understable.

I'll have something else in the not so distant future for all of those that can't make it this time.

Most of the showers we've been getting here last about 30 minutes. The rifle range is covered so I'll ride out any rain storms we get. Some of the die hards have threatened me if I cancel this due to weather.

See ya next time, Bill!

SodaPop
August 10, 2003, 08:27 AM
Its sunny this morning.

RepublicanMan
August 10, 2003, 08:40 AM
Raining at the moment, checked weathermap, only friggin' shower within 600 miles of any significance and should be gone by 8-9am. :)

SodaPop
August 10, 2003, 08:41 PM
Well, the only rain we got lasted about 30 seconds. Does anyone else have suburn as bad as I do???

I was absolutely amazed at how many new people showed up this time. I believe we had 10 newbies and 3 veterans there today.

Where were the rest of the vets?

Lots of pistol shooting this time, but not as much time at the rifle range.

RepublicanMan
August 10, 2003, 08:46 PM
Had a GREAT time, got some seriously pink legs now, probably be bright red by tomorrow.
Couldn't get a grouping to save my life with the Combat Commander OR my Sig......did ok with the little Scout though. I was fairly happy with the SKS though I'd prefer tighter. I still want an AR though dammit.

Thanks to Soda for organizing a great time, can't wait for the next one. Was really cool meeting some of the guys though I can't remember more than one screen name besides Sodas.

SodaPop
August 10, 2003, 08:54 PM
PappyJohn !! I think I have a bag/rest that is yours!!

You gotta come to the next shoot if you want it back!!:D

Brian Williams
August 10, 2003, 09:51 PM
I took my son Peter and my daughter Leigh and her fiancee Jon. We had a great time and got to shoot some new and different guns. I shot Sodapop's Fal and was thoroughly impressed. I also got to shoot a Witness 10mm and a bunch of my own.

Pete got shooting my S&W 60 and My Ruger Single six 22mag and really wants to steal it from me. He also shot my 1911 Sistema and my Glock.
Sodapop he wants a Mini 14 :D now, but He is going to buy it not me..... Pete says:fire: I say:neener: :neener: :neener:

Leigh AKA Gus Dddysgurl still likes my Glock best but got to shoot a keltec and some others.

Jon was a real rookie having not shot since grade school, got to shoot my Ruger MKII, Glock 19, S&W 586 & 60, NAA mini sombody had there. His reaction was I think I could git into this.......:D

A bunch of people shot my 1894 Marlin and the Vets really liked the Marble's tang sight.:cool:

Big thanks to Sodapop for the invite and Water and Wings for having such a great range.:cool:

SodaPop
August 10, 2003, 11:16 PM
A bunch of people shot my 1894 Marlin

Was that the .357 rifle?? That was a sweet rifle. Pretty smooth compared to some of the 30/30 levers I've shot.

P95Carry
August 10, 2003, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a great success Soda ..... only very sorry this was not a weekend I could take off.

I hope very much to fix something for this corner of PA .. at a pinch maybe something in the fall but otherwise .... looking ahead to perhaps Spring time.

Mr Jody Hudson
August 11, 2003, 01:57 AM
Sorry Soda.

I'll try to make it next time!!!! And I'll bring a bunch of extra ammo as ammends for my failure this time!

Glad you all had a great day.

Jody

Pappy John
August 11, 2003, 09:34 AM
Yeah, Soda... I just inventoried my pile-o-stuff and that would be my bag. Oh well, next time. I'm sorry that I left without farewells. I had to leave by 2:30 to handle a family obligation. Wasn't wearing a watch, but guesstimated that I still had plenty of time to check out at the clubhouse and still have time for conversation before I had to git. Found out as I was in the clubhouse that it was already 2:24! Uh oh, my truck was gonna turn into a punkin' soon, so I dashed. Lots of fun though....nice folks....Next time I'll make sure that I have the whole day cleared. I didn't even have time to get out everything that I'd brung!

Brian Williams
August 11, 2003, 09:56 AM
I tweaked my Marlin to some directions over on Marlintalk and it seemed to run as well or better than the dude with the cowboy hat's 38special cowboy gun. It really runs quick and is fairly accurate but I need to do some real good load development and find what it really likes, from double round shot thru 115s, 125s, 158s and up to 180 grains. I mostly shoot what I load for my S&W 13 and 586 so I am sure I could get some really hot stuff for this rifle. I need to get some different brass so I know the difference between rifle and revo stuff.

OBTW That was a nice russian SKS you had, but I am envious of your FAL and AR
Thanks again

SodaPop
August 11, 2003, 12:07 PM
OBTW That was a nice russian SKS you had

I really don't see too many Russia SKSs around anymore. I don't think I've seen a Russian SKS in a shop in 4yrs. I'm glad I got one when i did.

The FAL was in its 3rd generation of upgrades and should be in its 4th by the next shoot. Still not sure about what optics to put on it.

Next time I'll make sure that I have the whole day cleared.

I was surprised to see so many people show up early. Half the lazy lumps that come to the shoots don't get out of bed until noon.:rolleyes:

I'll try to make it next time!!!! And I'll bring a bunch of extra ammo as ammends for my failure this time!

I could use a few more cell phone batteries, too.:neener:

If I could just get half the people that have come to these shoots (over the last two years) to all come out.. we'd have about 50 people.

Brian Williams
August 11, 2003, 03:15 PM
oops dad was logged on

Gus

Gus Dddysgrl
August 11, 2003, 03:18 PM
Sunday was my first shoot with more people than just my dad or my cousins in their back yard. I loved it. Thanks to all who let me shoot what you had. I loved everything I shot. Now I can't decide what to get I like too many. Heehee.

Maybe I'll get a CCW then an evil black rifle. heehee.

Gus

Schiessuebung
August 11, 2003, 06:23 PM
SodaPop,

Thanks for putting the shoot together. I had a good time. I was one of the late arrivals (1:30PM), kind of a "walk-on" since I didn't post that I'd be there. Wasn't sure if I would be able to make it (was at the Springsteen concert the night before).

Thanks for letting me try your FAL, that was a smooth shooter!:D

Next time I'll have to get there earlier and set up on one of the right-hand lanes at the rifle range. I think the bolt and lever-action guys on the end there were a little pissed:scrutiny:, my HK-91 was raining brass in their line of fire.

Any word on how the "mystery of the missing keys" turned out? I don't remember everyone else's names, but we were the four left at the pistol range, busting used clays...

My wife called me "redneck" this morning, looks like I also caught a little too much sun. So much for the doom and gloom rainy weather forecasts.:rolleyes:

-Larry

Marcus
August 11, 2003, 10:10 PM
Soda,thanks for another great shoot! Had a great time as usual. No sunburn here,just more tan. :) The key mystery was solved right after the shoot,they were inside the trunk. :banghead: :cuss: I still had 2 more guns in there that I didn`t get to bring out, DOH! I really enjoyed shooting everyone elses toys,there was some great stuff there! The BEST had to be the .44 Automag though!!!! :D That was literally a dream come true. I`m looking forward to the next shoot already! Marcus

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania THR gathering August 10th!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!