A box to ship????

PDA

Ed/Pa
December 8, 2007, 05:54 PM
How do you guys find a box long enough to ship your rifles in?

In my case i've got a 50" long rifle to ship and cant find a box long enough to ship it in ........Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "A box to ship????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chief 101
December 8, 2007, 05:57 PM
I usually go to the rifle store, they normally have extra boxes, or, get some white styrafoam big enough and hollow it out to fit. Tape it and ship it. Chief aka Maxx Load

Richard.Howe
December 8, 2007, 05:59 PM
Look at this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=634042&t=11082005

Perfect for what you're looking for.

Rich

Corey ACP
December 8, 2007, 08:37 PM
I have uses a box that snow skis come in. I ask the local sporting goods store for one. Cut to length, add a bit of styrofoam padding and it is very secure.

Coltdriver
December 8, 2007, 09:33 PM
Here is a simple and very inexpensive box to ship your rifles in.

Go to any Mailboxes or UPS store and buy a sheet of cardboard. You can usually get a full sheet for about $5.00.

Lay your rifle on it and mark a point about an inch and a half wider than the rifle. Then draw a line. Do all of this along the "grain" or channel direction of the card board. Then make four parallel sections and cut along the fourth Line.

Then fold the cardboard along the lines so that you make a triangle box with one fully overlapped piece. Tape the edge, make sure your rifle fits then Cut flaps at the ends to close it up on one end.

Wrap your rifle in news paper and pieces of cardboard cut in four inch strips. Tape over the outside of the newspaper and cardboard to hold it in place.

Makes for a great and very stong box that will get your rifle safely through the mail and will only cost you a sheet and a roll of tape.

GRB
December 8, 2007, 09:42 PM
I have shipped a few rifles in my day. I have never had a problems getting a used box from a gun store, especially if they know me because I shop there.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 old 0311
December 8, 2007, 09:45 PM
I have also used boxes from Golf clubs. Any Golf store will heve TONS of those this time of year.

jdomin
December 9, 2007, 03:54 PM
what i do buy a koplin or other plastic and foam rifle case about 19.00 , next go to any retail store go in the back they usually have a dumpster for cardboard. take the cardoard cover the case perfect for shipping.

Mastery
December 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
I've used golf club boxes, as well as rifle boxes. The local golf courses are good resources for golf club boxes, since most people that buy them there carry them straight out to the course to use.

If you enjoyed reading about "A box to ship????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!