important "cop top" fox labs question

PDA

craig_o
December 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
just bought three 2 oz cop top fox labs units (christmas presents), and I was wondering if the spring-loaded top is a safety, or if you can still depress the button without the top flipped up?

anyone know/experimented?

If you enjoyed reading about "important "cop top" fox labs question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DAVIDSDIVAD
December 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's to prevent some random objects in a purse/pocket from pushing the button inadvertently; I seriously doubt that it acts as a mechanical safety preventing the button from being pushed.

craig_o
December 10, 2007, 09:44 PM
that's kinda what I was thinking.

very curious how much pressure it takes to discharge it.

two the the units are for Mom and Sis, one is for me =D it's residing happily in the pocket previously dedicated to my Spyderco Endura, which will be clipped on pocket and waistband duty from now on.

December 10, 2007, 10:56 PM
The cop top is to prevent accidents. You can still push the button with it down.

DAVIDSDIVAD
December 10, 2007, 11:49 PM
If you're curious to see how much pressure it takes, just test fire it outside.

cdcmj
December 11, 2007, 10:19 AM
all of you have to do is slip your finger under the spring top, easy-peasy

bigdog21
December 11, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cop top is just a button on top of the canister. You talking about a canister with a flip top safety. yes,the flip top has to be flipped up to spray it.

If you enjoyed reading about "important "cop top" fox labs question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!