Bayonet lug for an 870 Police

PDA

Jorge Banner
December 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
I own an 870 Police w/extension tube and would like to fit it with a bayonet.

I already purchased the bayonet, but I'm having trouble getting the lug attachment.

I would appreciate suggestions.

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "Bayonet lug for an 870 Police" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MASTEROFMALICE
December 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
Someone will mention it eventually so I'll just go ahead and do it first.

Dump the Remington, get a Mossberg. Instant bayonet lug!

MAX100
December 12, 2007, 10:57 AM
This is the only one I know of. It comes from a company out of Canada. You will need a mag tube Extension like the one in the picture if don't already have one.

Bayo Lug for Remington 870:
http://www.sjhardware.com/870Bayo.html

Bayo Lug & Mag Ext picture and ad for sale:
http://www.ak47.net/lite/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=471262

GC

Jorge Banner
December 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks MASTEROFMALICE.
The change is not in my plans.

Jorge Banner
December 12, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks a lot, MAX100.
That's what I was looking for.
BTW, the bayonet I have is the one in the pics.
I'll get one of those lugs.
Thank you.

RLsnow
December 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
"following the massive blast of the 12 gauge shotgun the intruder was stabbed several times with a bayonet. homeowner says 'I had to make sure...'"

Jorge Banner
December 12, 2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, RLsnow, one HAS to make sure.

This 870 is more for survival purposes and if TSHTF I foresee hordes of zombies that will have to be kept from one's values. And shells do run out.

Also for the problem of that twilight zone when people see you with a shotgun but still think "naw! he's not gonna . . ." and then act in such a stupid way that you have to. The bayonet might give someone pause to think and save you a shell.

For self-defense in normal times I mostly use handguns.

Capstick1
December 14, 2007, 02:45 AM
They're a little hard to find but during WW1 and WW2 the American Armed forces used to use Mil Spec versions of the Winchester Model 12 shotguns. These things came with heat shields on the barrel and bayonet lugs for the Mod 1917 military bayonet. One thing about the Winchester Mod 12's that alot of people don't know is that it has no trigger disconnector on it. If you keep the trigger pressed down and simply rack the slide back and forth it's going to keep going bang. You don't have to take your finger off the trigger to reset it for each shot like on todays modern shotgun. You're probably going to pay a pretty penny for one when and if you find one.

Avenger29
December 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
They are kind of rare, but Remington made (and maybe they still do) a big, beefy extension clamp/bayo lug for the military 870s. Good luck finding one, I'd like to have one myself...

Hoppy590
December 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
One thing about the Winchester Mod 12's that alot of people don't know is that it has no trigger disconnector on it.

not really an unknown fact. the m1897 does it, M12 does it, M37's will do this too. but not the Chicom versions of the m37.

The Deer Hunter
December 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
I kind of want one of these now...

:D

tyesai
December 16, 2007, 04:47 AM
I didn't know they made such a thing, you could make your 870 far cooler than any AR-15

SigfanUSAF
December 16, 2007, 07:04 AM
Remington sure did make one, however, when you can find them in the US, they can cost as much as a new Mossberg 590.

Here's one for $150, the cheapest I've ever seen one, but from a seller in France.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bayonet-adapter-assembly-for-Remington-870-USMC_W0QQitemZ120198074043QQcategoryZ52509QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBINQQcmdZViewItem

Dump the Remington, get a Mossberg. Instant bayonet lug!

JNewell
December 16, 2007, 09:02 AM
Go ahead and do a couple of reps of the bayonet drill and see how well the shotgun still performs...

Brother in Arms
April 25, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hoppy
not to hijack the thread but the YL12 ithaca 37 clone has no disconector...but the newer chinese 37 clones do have a diconector.

So far I think the canadian made bayonet lug is the only current production 870 bayonet I can find. The Navy Mk2 bayonet lug attachments are very difficult to find these days.

I am considering making a bayonet lug for my 870 from an M16 frontsite base.

Brother in Arms

G17Steve
April 25, 2008, 11:53 PM
Should have just bought a Mossberg 590 had the bayo lug and a better gun.

dasanii19
April 26, 2008, 01:42 AM
G17Steve , I dont think so and neither do most of the members on this site according to all the "870 vs. Mossberg 590" polls. :)

Keep the 870, trash the bayo idea... :)

CZguy
April 26, 2008, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE][Should have just bought a Mossberg 590 had the bayo lug and a better gun./QUOTE]

:what::eek: To each there own. I like my 870.

G17Steve
April 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
Just stiring up trouble. I like both guns but I prefer mossberg. Though I will pick me up a wingmaster one day.

BlenderWizard
November 20, 2008, 09:30 PM
I have both an 870 wingmaster (blued, wood, factory extension) and a 590.

They're both great.

arizona98tj
November 21, 2008, 09:58 PM
I am considering making a bayonet lug for my 870 from an M16 frontsite base.
Certainly a possibility....anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
30 years ago, I reshaped a lug and put it on an old Savage pump (no disconnect in it either). Still have it....fun gun to shoot. The lug started out life being attached to an old milsurp rifle. After some time with the grinding wheel and files, we silver soldered it to the barrel. I believe the bayonet was intended for the M-14....it got a little work done to it as well in order to fit over the Savage barrel. It was a fun project.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/temp/savage12-2.jpg

http://www.stu-offroad.com/temp/bayonet-1.jpg

earlthegoat2
November 21, 2008, 10:25 PM
The zombies might even invade the mall too. Then they would all be illuminated by the weapon lights, blinded by the lasers, shot 15 times from each gun, and then get stabbed with a bayonet.

Go ninja.

arizona98tj
November 22, 2008, 12:02 AM
Wrong order....you stab them first, if that doesn't work, then pull the trigger.....working your way up the lethality ladder. :D

CZguy
November 22, 2008, 02:26 AM
...you stab them first,

Repeatedly :D

jakemccoy
November 22, 2008, 02:48 AM
Have bayonets really been useful in real modern combat?

Kymasabe
November 22, 2008, 10:47 AM
You could start a campfire with an incendiary round and roast your marshmallows on the bayonet.

I think the shotgun bayo is a cool idea, I just don't see a practical use for it. In CQC, soldiers and SWAT are carrying smaller and smaller guns. Do they know something we don't? :D

JImbothefiveth
November 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
I just don't see a practical use for it
I suppose it could be useful if someone tried to grab your shotgun.

I guess if you were hunting something dangerous with your 870, it could be useful then too.
Or if you have a habit of forgetting to bring your knife.

Lee Ving
January 17, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, you read it right. I have the rare U.S.M.C. M870 MK1 Bayonet Adapter / Magazine Bracket with matching factory 8 shot magazine tube extension. It's not rusted, not missing screws, not banged up, and is olny missing the bead or rifle sight (your option). The mag extension has usual wear marks on the parkerization from field stripping. I looked for six years for one and found two in France and bought them both. One is on my 870. The other is waiting for a proper home. Make me an offer.

95_9C1
January 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
Yes, you read it right. I have the rare U.S.M.C. M870 MK1 Bayonet Adapter / Magazine Bracket with matching factory 8 shot magazine tube extension. It's not rusted, not missing screws, not banged up, and is olny missing the bead or rifle sight (your option). The mag extension has usual wear marks on the parkerization from field stripping. I looked for six years for one and found two in France and bought them both. One is on my 870. The other is waiting for a proper home. Make me an offer.

So, this was just leaVing BS?

JWF III
January 24, 2009, 09:42 PM

Yes, to open a can of beanie weenies (or other) when the P38 was lost or broken.:D:D:D

Wyman

Texas Moon
February 2, 2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article88661.ece

.45&TKD
February 2, 2009, 06:08 PM

WWI trench warfare it came in handy.

I think it would offset the disadvantage of a shotty in combat; low ammo capacity in the weapon and low amount ammo you can carry because of the heavy weight of the ammo, compared to a rifle.

bowline
February 4, 2009, 04:21 PM
Bayonets are very useful on shotguns. With the 1917 bayonet, I don't have to bend over to pick up the squirrels.

Beautiful savage, what model?

gentleman987
June 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
I use one all the time in call of duty:D I think they really dont have a use in the current world back in WWII when trench warfare was rampant then i could see a great use for one

RedAlert
June 12, 2009, 04:03 PM
I'm sure I saw it in a movie somewhere where the hero has just skewered a BG an can't get him off the pig-sticker. So he fires a round and blows the BG off.

He ended up using a round anyway......

All in jest folks.

Ralph

HB
June 12, 2009, 04:21 PM

Probably not but I believe shotguns are mostly used to guard prisoners anymore anyway, and a bayonet adds and extra level "MOVE" if you ask me! If you are really out of ammo or trying to kill an enemy quietly, a bayonet sure beats a knife. The reach is extended so far. Watch boxing? :D
I'd get one just for fun... I love to flip open the one on my SKS at the range too.

xbox360
June 12, 2009, 06:55 PM
Cant find the video.. But on youtube theres a mossberg 870 with bayonet lug and the guy stabs a cabbage and then shoots it into 100's of peices. "offical trailer"

deleteall
June 12, 2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOPuEuJx1MY

Had it bookmarked:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bayonet lug for an 870 Police" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!