"Ditzie Chicks" at it again

PDA

kentucky bucky
July 22, 2003, 10:05 PM
If you are one of the people that fell for the Dixie Chicks "apology" on TV a while back, you should read the July 21st issue of PEOPLE magazine. There is a small paragraph on page 53 that sums up their idiocy. It seems that they dedicated a song called Truth #2 to none other than Michael "the moron" Moore who was sitting in the audience during a recent Madison Square Garden concert. Yes, The same booger eating moron that made the Bowling for Columbine debacle. I felt they stabbed this ole bluegrass lovin boy in the back, and I'll never forgive the Bagdad Broads. This seals the deal!!!!!!!!!! :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about ""Ditzie Chicks" at it again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
July 22, 2003, 10:14 PM
Stop in-breeding, ban country music!:D

kentucky bucky
July 22, 2003, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, rock & roll is such a bastion of conservative, flag waving gunlovers!! Besides they are the exception to the country music scene. Long live Toby Keith.;)

Soap
July 22, 2003, 11:17 PM
I remember being in the checkout line at the grocery store and seeing that Toby Keith and the Dixie Twits are having some sort of feud. God bless any person who stands for our rights.

El Tejon
July 22, 2003, 11:24 PM
Ol' Kentuc, what's rock and roll???:confused: :p

Jeff White
July 22, 2003, 11:51 PM
What difference does their politics make? The Dixie Chicks seem to have been recruited into the ranks of DNC operatives. They are also involved with Rock the Vote although I doubt you'll see any of their videos on MTV. If they want to trade CD sales for political goodwill from the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, that's their business. Alienating ones core fans by making irrelevant political statements doesn't seem like good business sense to me, but then, I'm not their manager.....

Jeff

HBK
July 22, 2003, 11:54 PM
The Ditzie Chicks should shut the hell up if they don't want to alienate their fan base, although it might be too late for that. I can't believe that their concert tour has been going as well as it has. Does anyone know how their sales are doing? I used to like their music, but now I just can't listen to it. I had two of their CDs which have been used as targets. I never thought someone's politics would make me stop liking their music, but theirs did.

Toby Keith Rules.

Navy joe
July 23, 2003, 12:22 AM
Oh yeah, rock & roll is such a bastion of conservative, flag waving gunlovers!!

Oh, you mean like Ted Nugent fans?

Guess I'll start listening to Johnny Cash again, he's got lots to say about resonsible firearms use. :neener:

DrPsycho
July 23, 2003, 01:45 AM
Could we perhaps criticise their opinion and not them? I perceive people to be separate from their actions/opinions, and I find it somewhat offensive some of the statements aimed at them. So far no one has wished them harm yet, but that may be about to begin.... My point is, what if the members of the band were a part of your family? Surely you have family members who do not share your opinions on political issues. Do you go on and castrate them?

bad_dad_brad
July 23, 2003, 01:51 AM
I don't care two whits about their politics.

They sing great - very talented - incredible harmonizing.

And as long as they keep their weight off - they are hot !!

PATH
July 23, 2003, 01:51 AM
Smashed their cd's and threw them out. Won't be buying anything they have to sell. That's just me though. I won't buy lefty musicians music. There are other country artists who are evry bit as good or better. I'll be spending more on their music! The ditzy chicks can take mike moore and go to hell! Well, that's my .02 cents on that!

HBK
July 23, 2003, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't castrate them, I just wouldn't listen to their music. Their opinions are PART of them. For example, Jane Fonda? They have every right to say or do whatever the hell they want, but I have the right to now buy their music or watch their films.

PATH
July 23, 2003, 02:07 AM
HBK,

If any of the ditzy chicks can be "castrated" I will be totally weirded out!
Geez! What is happening to country music?:what:

HBK
July 23, 2003, 02:14 AM
I was referring to the question, "What if a famly member...etc,etc" Still, that is a disturbing picture. You Yankees just don't get it go. You haven't lived until you've kissed your cousin. :neener: (KIDDING!)

emc
July 23, 2003, 11:06 AM
In regards to DrPsycho's comments, the real issue is that celebrities are in a position to use their fame to support various causes. If we patronize them by renting/buying their movies, or purchasing their music, then we subsidize any activities that they engage in, whether it's buying a Bentley, or contributing time and money to some cause. An individual is entitled to say what they will, but I cannot in good faith support some celebrity with my hard-earned dollars who will then use those same dollars to deprive me of my rights or my property. Needless to say, this is NOT the same thing as having a relative or acquaintance who has sharply differing views from yourself, unless they happen to be one of the celebrities we're discussing. Familial ties aren't the issue here. Does all of this mean that I must make decisions about the worthiness of my entertainment choices? Absolutely, but that's part of being responsible and making your choices known in the marketplace.

FWIW,

emc

MJRW
July 23, 2003, 11:52 AM
I've noticed this theme here is pretty consistent. The "they aren't one of us, BURN THEM!" attitude. Geez, people, lighten up. So they disagree. I disagree with VPC and the Brady Bunch as much as anyone. But any time any celebrity voices that they don't like guns, all of a sudden a witch hunt is on. Look, people are allowed to think differently than you. Its what makes the world go 'round.

rrader
July 23, 2003, 02:28 PM
Could we perhaps criticise their opinion and not them? I perceive people to be separate from their actions/opinions, and I find it somewhat offensive some of the statements aimed at them

The manner by which they have expressed their opinions is repugnant and is as worthy of criticism as the opinions themselves. The "FU TK" (FU Toby Keith) is a good example. So is making anti-war comments to a foreign audience when a war is in progress.

stevelyn
July 24, 2003, 10:36 AM
Oh yeah, like rock and roll is such a bastion of conservative flag-waving, gunlovers.

Oh you mean like Ted Nugent fans?

Lets see now, members of Aerosmith (coolest band in all of R&R) have CCWs, and Kid Rock slings a six-gun like a pro.

Jesse H
July 24, 2003, 12:44 PM
My buddy went to their recent concert in Dallas, TX because his gf wanted to go. He got upset and got up in the middle of the concert because the short one with the big mouth started yapping her trap about taking back her apology.

My other friends and I got 4 tickets for the concert here in Houston but we decided not to go...nor did we sell the tickets. If you see 4 empty seats, that was us. :D

AZTOY
July 24, 2003, 01:13 PM
I'm going to see Ted Nugent on Tuesday..:neener::D :D

Also Toby Keith Rocks!!

whoami
July 24, 2003, 01:22 PM
I've noticed this theme here is pretty consistent. The "they aren't one of us, BURN THEM!" attitude. Geez, people, lighten up. So they disagree. I disagree with VPC and the Brady Bunch as much as anyone. But any time any celebrity voices that they don't like guns, all of a sudden a witch hunt is on. Look, people are allowed to think differently than you. Its what makes the world go 'round.

People are free to say what they wish, and espouse what positions they believe in. That is called freedom of speech. People are allowed to call these people flaming idiots. That is also called freedom of speech. People are free to refuse to patronize venues, purchase products, and support those persons who espouse views different from their own. The media calls this 'blacklisting'. That is actually called 'freedom of association'. Seems simple to me.

Malone LaVeigh
July 24, 2003, 01:31 PM
I hope we're not going to start looking to RNR "artists" as role models. My experience in about 7 years working in theater is that those are, in general, some of the sickest humans on the planet.

I think I'll pop in the Dixie Chicks CD and clean a rifle or two.

F U T K and F U M M

Joe Demko
July 24, 2003, 01:38 PM
Let's all go find something more productive to do than worry about what opinions any musicians hold on any topic, shall we? Your bathroom could use some cleaning, for starters. When was the last time you dusted? Checked your tire pressure lately? Now might be a good time to mow the lawn.
The day you need Toby Keith, Ted Nugent, the Dixie Chicks, Barbra Streisand or any celebrity to validate your opinions or you actually get upset about theirs is the day you should admit "I have no life."

CZ-75
July 24, 2003, 01:41 PM
I only get upset because someone will actually take them seriously.

stevelyn
July 25, 2003, 09:22 AM
I hope we're not going to look at RNR "artists" as role models.

If you have to look to someone in the entertainment industry or sports figures as role models, then you have some serious challenges to your core values.:scrutiny:
Entertainers and sports figures are there to entertain us, it's just a job nothing more, nothing less. Their lives aren't real compared with most of us and many have managed to screw those up. To put these people in a position of being role models based on their fame or job performance is misplaced. :rolleyes:

So no thanks. I would prefer to spend an afternoon with a Jeff Cooper, a Joe Foss, my grandparents or any number of Athabascan elders any day.

Waitone
July 25, 2003, 01:48 PM
Geez! What is happening to country music?I've been told Hollywood has turned to country music as a pool of potential clients.

Seems a number of Hollywood handlers and stylists hve been signed by some country music types. Don't know about the Ditzy Chumps but I find is interesting they glammed up about the same time they started ponficating on politics.

DRC
July 25, 2003, 03:17 PM
I would still like to see them nekkid. :) Don't critisize them for their views, critisize them for not giving us a view.

I listen to some of the Chicks music because it's the closest to blue grass that I can find on current radio. Being a banjo player myself (my heros are JD Crowe and Paul Smith, btw) I think there is nothing sexier than a woman holding a banjo. What their political beliefs are?...Did I mention I would like to see them nekkid?

:D

DRC

Khornet
July 25, 2003, 06:08 PM
you do know the difference between nude and nekkid?

Nude is when you have no clothes on.

Nekkid is when you have no clothes on AND you're up to no good.

seeker_two
July 25, 2003, 06:10 PM
DRC: As my grandma used to say---Don't touch them! You don't know where they've been...:what:

Silver Bullet
July 25, 2003, 06:18 PM
people are allowed to think differently than you
Nobody is disputing that. The issue is whether you want to empower them and their agenda by sending money their way.

HBK
July 25, 2003, 10:04 PM
Nekkid then. I won't listen, but I'll look.:neener:

Byron Quick
July 26, 2003, 12:10 AM
I perceive people to be separate from their actions/opinions,

That's strange. I was taught to evaluate people more by their actions than their words.

If you don't evaluate people by their actions or their words then how do you evaluate them?

Well, Ol' Joe there killed a few people with an ax after he raped and robbed them...says he'd like to do it some more, but I perceive people to be different from their actions/opinions. How wonderful.

I've never listened to the Dixie Chicks. My taste in country music is way old.

Like 30 to 40 years ago.

I listen to Jackson Browne. I just don't listen when he talks about politics, war, the environment and such. If he wants to talk about songwriting and singing, I'll listen to him. Same for actors and athletes. If an actor wants to talk acting...I'll listen to an expert. If an athlete wants to talk about playing his sport...I'll listen to an expert. If I want to hear about the environment, I'll go listen to ecologists.

Malone LaVeigh
July 26, 2003, 04:44 AM
Nobody is disputing that. The issue is whether you want to empower them and their agenda by sending money their way.I'm reaching for my wallet...

Silver Bullet
July 26, 2003, 05:26 AM
Me too ! Or, at least, my checkbook. I use these kinds of situations as motivation to make extra donations to my favorite charities. I'm sending $25 to the NRA's Political Victory Fund. Their solicitation has been on my desk for a week, and I was undecided.

Good idea !

Pocket Pistol
July 27, 2003, 10:59 AM
It is simple if we do not like them and do not buy tickets, CD's, T-shirts, ect. they will fade into oblivion :)

The best protest for celeberties that force their anti-american, anti-gun adgenda on us is to TOTALLY IGNORE THEM and they will end up under some bridge in a cardboard box begging for food :)

DRC
July 28, 2003, 01:47 PM
Basically my point is that I don't agree with what they've said or their position but that's their right as an American. But I don't listen to what they have to say anyway, I just want to see them nekkid :)

If what the Dixie Chicks said meant anything to me politically they'd have to look like Nancy Pelosi and I wouldn't want to see that nekkid with someone elses eyes. If this were the case I would have to agree with two_seeker because I wouldn't know where it had been. Pelosi is an idiot but when she talks it makes me angry, the Chicks are idiots but when they talk I can't hear them because I'm too busy undressing them with my eyes. It's kind of like Playboy having interviews and articles. What's the point?

Take care,

DRC

HankB
July 28, 2003, 04:26 PM
The First Amendment means that even after mouthing off overseas, the Dixie Chicks didn't have to worry about being thrown in the slammer when they got off the plane back in the good old USA. The First Amendment doesn't mean people have to keep playing their music on the radio, buying their CD's, or buying commercial time on radio stations that play their music.

Me, I'd boycott them . . . which isn't much of a threat, since I'm not a fan of their music anyway - it sounds like toe-tapping sing-along music for Country Barbie and her friends.

Ahhh, heck, the boycott may only mean they'll make 20 million bucks apiece this year instead of the usual 30 million . . . yeah, I'm sure that'll hurt them a whole lot.

Silver Bullet
July 28, 2003, 04:46 PM
That's ten million less that they have available to donate to their causes.

Carlos Cabeza
July 28, 2003, 05:16 PM
OT but how did the person with the best screen name end up being an absolute TROLL !

Dixie Chicks, yeah they are attractive and they sing well. But they should not use their influence to belittle our president. I won't be buying any of their music. And yes I think the Nuge has a significant level of integrity .

Toby Keith is a cool mf and an Okie no less !:cool:

Silver Bullet
July 29, 2003, 12:39 AM
If you're talking about me, I don't know why you'd call me a troll. The only point I've made here is that if someone wants to do no more than ignore an entertainer who is trying to influence the public in a manner contrary to your own beliefs, that's okay; but you can also go one step further and refuse to buy their products and in that manner you restrict their ability to push their beliefs.

Carlos Cabeza
July 29, 2003, 11:08 AM
No personal attacks on Silver bullet, although I do like your screen name. I think most know of whom I refer to. Most posts in this thread have valid points made. Some are pointless.

MOLON LAVE !

Selfdfenz
July 29, 2003, 05:06 PM
I don't like the DC's politics or the way they are apparently using this issue to get time in the press. That is what this is all about. Nothing else.
I won't even start on what they lack in talent...or class.

Have you ever heard MM speak? Poor showing.
Don't think too many of her shool teachers are real proud of their "product".

S-

Silver Bullet
July 29, 2003, 07:24 PM
Carlos,

Okay, I get it now. You're right, that is a clever screen name.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Ditzie Chicks" at it again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!