Model 70 action/stock question

PDA

jameslovesjammie
December 13, 2007, 06:07 AM
I have a Model 70 Coyote Lite in .270 WSM. I was going to purchase a Boyds stock for it, but they mentioned that their short action stock wouldn't fit the WSM. I thought this was a standard short action stock. I know the WSSM takes a different action, but I am unsure of the WSM.

I am also considering a Richards Microfit stock. Anyone have experience with them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 action/stock question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jameslovesjammie
December 17, 2007, 05:35 PM
49 views and no replies? I must be the only guy on Earth with a Model 70!

mudstud
December 17, 2007, 10:18 PM
Well, James, I have a pile of Model 70 Classic sporters, and I'm not really understanding what the problem is. As far as I know, a WSM short action Model 70 and a standard short action Model 70 are the same as far as any outside dimensions are concerned. The only differences lie within the action. Your CRPF Coyote Lite action has exactly the same outside dimensions as any short action Model 70, WSM or not. There are only two other possible differences, as far as I know, concerning stocking your rifle. One, your Coyote Lite has a heavy varmint barrel, so you need to consider the barrel channel. Also, I don't remember whether Coyote Lites come with one-piece bottom metal or two-piece bottom metal, but they are not interchangeable. You should get a stock inletted for which type you have. Altho I believe the older two-piece inletting can be modified to fit the newer one-piece style. Hope this helps! :D

Clemson
December 19, 2007, 09:25 AM
If you have a stock currently inletted to your gun, send it to a duplicator like Ed Shulin and have him inlet a blank to fit your action.

Clemson

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 action/stock question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!