Trimming Lapua .308

PDA

AZRickD
July 23, 2003, 02:15 AM
I just bought 200 pieces of Lapua .308 brass from Sinclair International.

The trim-to length for .308 is 2.005" with max length being 2.015"

I measured my new Lapua brass and they were all 2.010"

Should I trim them?

BTW, the chamber of my Savage 10FP is considerably longer than even 2.105" ... something approaching 2.040 or so.

Rick

If you enjoyed reading about "Trimming Lapua .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
echo3mike
July 23, 2003, 05:06 AM
IMHO it's a coin toss on trimming ...you'll just have to do it sooner if you don't do it now. It'll just be another step if you're the type that does alot of case prep prior to the initial firing.

S.

BTW, you're gonna like the Lapua cases...bought 100 last year and they're still in excellent condition after 7 or 8 cycles of pretty warm loads.

Dave P
July 23, 2003, 09:17 AM
My coin toss says no trim. When you fireform, they might tend to shorten, so leave em alone!

Great brass, just watch for neck dimples and splits after many firings.

AZRickD
July 23, 2003, 09:51 AM
My 3 out of 5 coin toss says to leave them alone. They are all exactly the same length now. My trimming couldn't make them more uniform.

Rick

If you enjoyed reading about "Trimming Lapua .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!