Driving Holsters?

PDA

popeyespappy
December 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
Id like some feedback on some of the dedicated driving holsters that are available these days. My carry rig is a Brommeland Max Con V worn at about 4 oclock holding a Kimber Pro Carry II. This setup works great most of time but is next to useless while driving. So Ive been considering a dedicated driving rig. Any of you have any experience with any of the current dedicated driving setups?

If you enjoyed reading about "Driving Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mot45acp
December 15, 2007, 10:59 PM
For long drives I have found the shoulder holster acceptable.

For short drives I just remove from holster and set it on the console. I re-holster upon exiting the vehicle.

gym
December 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
there is a "vechicle side draw" from one of the popular custom leather makers, it's made for stakeouts etc, where you may actually have to draw and fire from a sitting position, try a search on google

Elm Creek Smith
December 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
I bought a Bianchi 7 Shadow for my 4 inch S&W 681 .357 Magnum with Crimson Trace Grips. It can be used strongside with an FBI rake or crossdraw. It works very well in the driver's seat wearing seatbelt and shoulder harness. I'm not a big fan of thumbbreaks, but this holster needs it.

I carry something else behind my right hip, so the holster will generally be used while driving.

ECS

tegemu
December 26, 2007, 06:48 PM
Sam Andrews www.andrewsleather.com makes a great one, specifically made for car carry. On his website it is the "Carjacker Crossdraw."

If you enjoyed reading about "Driving Holsters?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!