New guy checking in

PDA

McPherson
July 23, 2003, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone, i've been lurking here for quite some time now and have made the decision to stop hiding in the shadow and create an account. This site is fast becoming my favorite, even more so than my beloved falfiles.com.

-Adam

If you enjoyed reading about "New guy checking in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dav
July 23, 2003, 04:08 PM
Welcome to theHighRoad, McPherson. Or good to see you coming out of the closet, as it were... :D

chetrogers
July 23, 2003, 04:34 PM
Not sure about the coming out of the closet thing :) .Welcome to the high road im sure you will enjoy it as much as i have for the last few weeks ..As you know everyone is friendly here....

What kinda guys ya got?

Stickjockey
July 23, 2003, 04:35 PM
Welcome, McPherson! I too am a FALFiles transplant...:D

Lt. G
July 23, 2003, 04:37 PM
Welcome,I'm also a newer member. There is a lot of good info here as well as helpful folks.

McPherson
July 23, 2003, 04:42 PM
>What kinda guys ya got?

Err, i don't have any guys, but i do have guns ;)

My primary love is for semi-auto rifles, especially the FAL. WWII era bolt action rifles are also growing on me, I grabbed a German Mauser this weekend and 1k rnds of 8mm and am very pleased.

-Adam

4v50 Gary
July 23, 2003, 04:46 PM
Welcome aboard McPherson. Any relation to the General of Sibil War fame?

BTW, among my black guns (all Nevada residents now) is a Springfield SAR-48 NIB. Bought it years ago but never took it out.

Art Eatman
July 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
Hey, welcome! Jump on in to the world's biggest Hot Tub & Open Air Sanatorium! Any number can play! Lotsa nice folks and a few old curmudgeons, but we ignore this latter bunch.

:D, Art

McPherson
July 23, 2003, 05:05 PM
>Any relation to the General of Sibil War fame?

Even though my family has it's origins in the south i think its probably a pretty slim chance. Most people ask if i'm related to supermodel Elle MacPherson

>among my black guns is a Springfield SAR-48 NIB

Your a luckier man than I, all I have is post-ban kit builds :( but one of these days i'll probably acquire a springfield or pre-89 import. A guy on falfiles was posting pics of his NIB Aussie imported by Poyer, absolutley beautiful.

M67
July 23, 2003, 06:25 PM
Welcome.

And don't ignore Art, even if he just told you to. His posts are actually quite interesting - for an old curmudgeon. :D

El Tejon
July 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
Welcome to THR.:)

CZ 75 BD
July 23, 2003, 07:43 PM
glad you like what we do here. Post early and often! :cool:

stellarpod
July 23, 2003, 09:49 PM
Swell bunch of folks here. Glad you've come along!

stellarpod

Schuey2002
July 23, 2003, 09:54 PM
Jump on in, Adam, the water is nice and warm. If you need a towel, Art is the man to ask! :D

OBTW, new guy buys the beer.

If you enjoyed reading about "New guy checking in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!