i feel sorry for my parents......

PDA

jdinevens
December 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
so here i am sitting in iraq bored as hell looking at guns on the internet, as has happened on many nights. looking at the way the elections are going and the way prices have gone in the past i can't help but buy gun stuff over the internet. so far i've purchased:

980 rounds SA 7.62 nato
5k wolf 7.62 soviet
1k 9mm
1k .45 acp
springfield XD 45
armalite ar-10 16'' barrel
romanian ak-47 parts kit
polish underfolder ak47 parts kit

anyway i'm currently trying to persuade myself from not buying an imbel FAL parts kit.......i just feel sorry for my parents that they have to deal with all the packages.

If you enjoyed reading about "i feel sorry for my parents......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ozwyn
December 18, 2007, 01:28 PM
minor counterpoints to consider:

If your parents are getting these packages they know 2-3 things:

1) You're alive, even if you talk and email to them daily, ever piece of evidence you are still breathing is dang good news.
2) You're still YOU. That is, if you were buying this stuff before you went off, and you're still buying it now, they can rest assured your mind is still more or less unscrambled.
3) You're still thinking of the future. You're buying stuff for when you get back home. That means in your head your coming home, and on your own two feet.

That's my .02 on it.

rero360
December 18, 2007, 01:28 PM
I know how you feel, I bought an AR upper, a bunch of reloading gear, and had my Savage ompletely rebuilt, among a ton of various gun stuff while I was in Baghdad, yeah, i spent way too much money.

AndyC
December 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
anyway i'm currently trying to persuade myself from not buying an imbel FAL parts kit
Buy one (or two or three) before they're gone - ain't no more coming in and the prices are spiking $300 for a kit.

possum
December 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
so here i am sitting in iraq bored as hell looking at guns on the internet
i know what you mean brother i am right here with you! now that i think about it my wife has been handling lots of my "stuff" that i have been ordering mostly gear and ammo. i will have to hold off on new guns until i get the per diem check. i kinda went overboard on rxr when i bought the sa mc operator!

MachIVshooter
December 18, 2007, 10:10 PM
i just feel sorry for my parents that they have to deal with all the packages.

I doubt they mind ;)

jdinevens
December 22, 2007, 04:52 AM
well i got 2 fal kits shipping in the next couple of days, i'll take the better of the 2 and i'll sell one when i get back or maybe hold on to one till after the elections.

Silvanus
December 22, 2007, 05:27 AM
anyway i'm currently trying to persuade myself from not buying an imbel FAL parts kit.......i just feel sorry for my parents that they have to deal with all the packages.

Just do it! A few days ago I visited a friend of mine who's now living in Germany and he can't take his guns with him there. He offered to sell me his Argentine FAL para (+gunsafe) for 500, which is a very good price here. I was pretty much set on buying a .223 rifle sometime next year, but after shooting and handling his FAL again...That's one awesome rifle! I'll probably get it in a month or so. It combines all the important factors that a battle rifle need. It's rugged and reliable, accurate, absorbs recoil of the 7.62 pretty well. Even on full-auto it's still manageable, contrary to what a lot of people say (but I'll have to convert it to semi if I want to take it to the range, stupid laws) Magazines are all over the place and cheap, too. I'm in love with that rifle and you will be too if you buy one:D

hoji
December 22, 2007, 05:58 AM
minor counterpoints to consider:

If your parents are getting these packages they know 2-3 things:

1) You're alive, even if you talk and email to them daily, ever piece of evidence you are still breathing is dang good news.
2) You're still YOU. That is, if you were buying this stuff before you went off, and you're still buying it now, they can rest assured your mind is still more or less unscrambled.
3) You're still thinking of the future. You're buying stuff for when you get back home. That means in your head your coming home, and on your own two feet.

That's my .02 on it.

Very good points, could not have said it better.
Thank you for your service.

gunsmith
December 22, 2007, 06:56 AM
except I wouldn't buy wolf if it was free, I guess it is ok for AK stuff....
Have they improved it or something?
last time I shot it (99 or 00) it was awful.

Geno
December 22, 2007, 07:05 AM
I suspect that it is a comforting to your parents when a package arrives for you, and which same purchases you exercised. Thanks for serving!!

Re: the comment of Wolf ammo, I fire quite a bit of it, and have had no problems with it.

Doc2005

p2000sk
December 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
If you don't buy that FAL, someone else will!
How would that make you feel?

PTK
December 22, 2007, 08:03 AM
gunsmith

My 91 digests .308 Wolf without a problem. I've gone through a few thousand rounds in a few months.

Chipperman
December 22, 2007, 08:58 AM
so here i am sitting in iraq bored as hell

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm happy for you that you are bored.

Thanks for your service.

...and keep buying gun stuff. :D

hksw
December 22, 2007, 09:08 AM
Why don't you buy something for them once in a while?

[Thank you for you service. Stay safe.]

jaholder1971
December 22, 2007, 09:14 AM
Why don't you buy something for them once in a while?

[Thank you for you service. Stay safe.]

+100

Spend a little of that cash on something NICE for the both of them.

Don't ask them what they want, all they're going to say is that they want you home in one piece.

98C5
December 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
Stay safe and Happy Holidays over there guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "i feel sorry for my parents......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!