Same Hornady metering inserts useful for more than one powder?

PDA

IMtheNRA
December 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here found the removable LNL metering insert useful for more than one type of powder without resetting the insert.

If you enjoyed reading about "Same Hornady metering inserts useful for more than one powder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mscott
December 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
You mean different powders without making adjustments? Possibly, depends on how lucky you are.

IMtheNRA
December 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yep, that is exactly what I meant. I know it is a long shot, but it will be fun to try. If anyone has succeded in figuring out settings for two powders in the same insert, that would be a good starting point for me.:)

Shoney
December 20, 2007, 04:05 AM
I'll bet that these will be the same!
HP38 - - W231
HS6 - - W540
WAP (Win) - - Ramshot Silhoette
HS7 - - W541
H110 - - W296

JFettig
December 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
I don't load enough different calibers, but if I did I'm sure I would get some more. Right now I have the pistol rotor and the rifle rotor, 1 insert each.

Jon

Shoney
December 20, 2007, 10:19 AM
JFettig:
I don't understand why you would need more inserts???????

The beauty of the calibrated mircro adjust dial is that once you find the powder setting your need, you record the dial setting in a log book. Next time you need that powder/wt combo, you dial it in, recheck the weigth, then load. I have always found the system to be 100% accurate and repeatable, and it is quick and easy to do.

JFettig
December 20, 2007, 08:54 PM
It would be for a quick change. I don't have the micrometer inserts, I could have one for .223, one for .308, one for 45acp and 1 for 9mm. All I have to do is label them, when I change calibers, just change inserts and powder and go, no adjusting. Same goes for the calibrated micrometer but like you said, its easy enough to read it and record the numbers. I didn't realize it would be that accurate.

Jon

If you enjoyed reading about "Same Hornady metering inserts useful for more than one powder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!