Remington 710 not going BANG

PDA

CustomGunworks
December 19, 2007, 01:53 PM
I have friend with a Rem. 710 that when cold will not hit the priemer
hard enough to make it go off.:banghead:

What do you think ?
Weak main spring ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 710 not going BANG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skinewmexico
December 19, 2007, 02:30 PM
Probably over-lubed, since it seems to work then it's not cold.

Pete409
December 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know what type action the 710 is (bolt, semi, pump, etc?????), but it sounds like the trigger assembly and/or the bolt assembly (specifically firing pin and f.p. return spring) are dirty and full of heavy oil.

A good cleaning with a good solvent is in order. Mineral spirits (paint thinner) and kerosene are two good solvents.

Jim K
December 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
The 710 is that low price bolt action rifle that Remington put out in 2001 and sold along with a scope, mounts and sling as a complete system for hunting (MSRP was $439, but it sold for under $400 most places). The 3-lug bolt locked directly into the barrel, with what Remington called a receiver sleeve being used basically as a bolt guide and housing. The first ones had a polymer receiver sleeve, but they later went to steel. Not a bad rifle, and pretty innovative, but the shooting public was not ready for plastic sporting rifles. The 710 was discontinued in 2006.

I seem to recall that there were some problems with the receiver sleeve staying lined up properly, so if no other cause of the malfunction is found, that is a possibility.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 710 not going BANG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!