Recommendation for a "FAL" smith in Tucson area?

PDA

tiburon
December 19, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hi all, I picked up a very lightly used SA-4800 and want to make it 922R compliant so I can swap out the thumbhole stock. Anyone have a recommendation for a gunsmith that works on, or builds FALs in the Tucson area? I am looking to replace the T,H,S GP, CH, stock and handguards. I will supply the parts.

If I lived closer to Phoenix I would just drop it off at ARS or AZEX....

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendation for a "FAL" smith in Tucson area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pumpkinheaver
December 19, 2007, 09:44 PM
www.falfiles.com there are a ton of guys on here that can answer ANY question you have concerning the FAL/L1A1.

Bwana John
December 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
One of the beautys of the FAL is that it is technology that is intended to be worked on. Anyone with a dremil, hammer, and blow torch can work on them.
Parts are cheap if you mess up. (eccept for upper receivers)
I am looking to replace the T,H,S GP, CH, stock and handguards
There is no need for a gunsmith (or gun"plumber") to change out those parts.
The only tools you would need to do these changes would be a buttstock wrench (~$15), flat screwdriver, and small punch (for the charging handle).
If you were in N. AZ I could change those parts out for you in less than 10 minutes. I will be gone camping in Baja for the next ~ 3 weeks, but if you are coming thru Flagtown after that Id be happy to to it.

armoredman
December 21, 2007, 11:32 AM
GG&G, or call Slash K guns on the South Side.

Geo.Az
December 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
:what: Please ... Go to Some One Who Knows FALs Very well, there are so many Variations Met, Inc" Orig. Other country Contracts , Not all same. I will make ( My ) recordation IMHBias O :) AZEX. It is Your gun. Good Luck :)

ps....Trust Me....I slept In a Holiday Inn Express and own 5. :what:

AndyC
December 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
You can do the HTS yourself quite easily - follow W.E.G.'s instructions here (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=175021) (with great pics)

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendation for a "FAL" smith in Tucson area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!