Pulled bullet accuracy

PDA

jeepmor
December 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
What to expect? Sub MOA possible?

62 grain SS109 bullets, machine pulled.

1-9 AR 16" bbl
1-12 Ruger HB 24" bbl

Probably better out of the short barrel from what I've researched thus far.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pulled bullet accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bobaloo
December 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
I was lucky enough to stock up on those a year or so ago when they were cheap and they've been shooting about 2 MOA for me, or 2" groups at 100 yards, more than good enough for training purposes.

Those were with 25 grains of 2230C surplus powder, honestly never tried to experiment with loads for more accuracy, that was fine for my purposes.

Those were from Hi-Tech Ammo, I've heard that there's some lots of pulls out there of pretty low quality, these were fine.

Oh, the Ruger 1:12 may not stabilize them, 1:9 will do great.

rcmodel
December 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
What to expect? Sub MOA possible? Getting sub-MOA out of any surplus FMJ military bullet is going to be a hard row to hoe.
Let alone pulled ones.

They are not required to be made that accurate to meet all mil-spec accuracy standards.
So, they don't make them any more accurate then they need to be.

As stated, about 2 MOA with any mil-sup FMJ-BT .223 is par for the course in my experiance.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

Mark whiz
December 20, 2007, 05:21 PM
2 MOA is probably the best you can expect - heck, that is about the best you can expect from military ammo in the 1st place.

jeepmor
December 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
great, thanks fellas. I figured as much, but I've shot some S&B plinking fodder that gave me .5MOA, so I was being a bit over optimistic.

Roccobro
December 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
Buy some more of that stuff!! If it worked that well out of two of your rifles, I think you found a sweet spot.

Justin

If you enjoyed reading about "Pulled bullet accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!