Sturdier M1A fiberglass stock?

PDA

Telperion
December 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for a replacement for the USGI fiberglass M14 stock. The foreend of the stock flexes too easily, to the point the rifle shoots better offhand than it does with a sling.

Is there any synthetic stock out there that maintains roughly the same profile and handling characteristics but is more sturdy and strong?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sturdier M1A fiberglass stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunTech
December 20, 2007, 05:26 PM
Are you sure it's the stock? If you don't have a unitized gas system, use of the sling can effect point of impact IIRC.

H2O MAN
December 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
You can reinforce the fore end of a USGI synthetic stock. There are several methods available.
Check with Tony (LAW483) for ideas.
Two of mine have RRM and they are rock solid, but this mod is not currently available.

marksman13
December 20, 2007, 10:07 PM
I have a SAGE EBR stock that I am trying to sell or trade if you are interested.:):D

It is posted here if you are interested.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=319553

If you enjoyed reading about "Sturdier M1A fiberglass stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!