powder coating a rifle?

PDA

K.L.O.sako
December 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
has anyone here ever done this ? the reason i ask is because i just did. i have a stainless rifle and the first thing i do before i hit the woods is tape the gun up. a friend of mine at work has a powder coat outfit and offered to make it matte black for me so i did it. i'm just wondering now if i may have jumped the gun a bit. the gun looks great, the finish is just the look i wanted, i even put a bi-pod on to look tacticool for pictures :) does anyone know of drawbacks to this treatment? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "powder coating a rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PAC 762
December 20, 2007, 09:26 PM
I've seen it done ok AK homebuilds. I'd think the finish would be too thick for guns w/ tighter tolerances, but I dont know. I've had motorcycle parts powder coated and it is very thick.

wayne in boca
December 21, 2007, 04:27 AM
Main reason hardly anyone powdercoats guns is that it affects parts dimensionally,plus it looks bloody awful when it starts to wear off.Good luck.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "powder coating a rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!